Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad sparring days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Honestly I don't understand you people sometimes. You have bad days. **** that, I train in boxing once a week and everytime I go to the gym, people offer themselves to me like offerings to destroy. It's all in your state of being. When you're sparring, be in the moment. I honestly think you guys on your bad days are not being in the moment, being presently present, using all your senses and your instincts. It's all in your head. That's true. You overly thinking instead of using your gut feelings and your physical IQ.

So here's my advice. Just fight every battle like it's your last fight. Fighting comes hand in hand with "death". With that in mind, fight with all the intention you can muster to be the best you can be at the moment. Having that in the back of your mind, use your fear of death as the motivator to be inspired to fight to live. Then you'll be in a sort of trance, a trance of being a fighter, the state of being of a true warrior. This is a harsh reality and needs to be lived. This way you are being in the realm of battle, which would be the reality you live when sparring instead of being in the fantasy land in your head.

Comment

That state of being is like the song The Eye of the Tiger. Because it's the closest vibration that I can sense when fighting. You actually have to be the predator in the ring destroying your prey. However, this being said doesn't mean you being delusional. It's really a state of humbleness faced in front of an adversity; your adversary, your opponent. Take away your pride, be humbled by the thought of death, and fight. You'll really be in the moment and enjoy the sense of fighting. Don't control your emotions, rather direct your emotions. Emotions are motivators and it's really "energy in motion". You don't want to control them, that's like restricting their path, but rather to guide them at the direction you intend to use them.

Comment

Working...
      X