Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward the rightful owner of the pfp throne really from Olympia Wa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Dawson doesn't look any bit effected by going down to 168 and Ward beats him, then I'd easily put him at number 1 on my list. Currently I have him at #2.

Comment

I have Ward listed as #1 and a win over Dawson should validate that imo. Floyd is too inactive to deserve the P4P throne. Martinez has been fighting bums and is fighting an oversized MW hype job next. Pacquiao hasn't looked impressive at all for a while now.

Comment

Ward is the p4p home advantage fighter, that's about it...

Comment

I don't know for sure where he's originally from, but I am from Olympia and I know a guy who I think is originally from the bay that knows Andre.
          Nobody has heard of our little town and thinks you're talking about Klitschko lol
          Last edited by Visceral; 08-30-2012, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
            I don't know for sure where he's originally from, but I am from Olympia and I know a guy who I think is originally from the bay that knows Andre.
            Nobody has heard of our little town and thinks you're talking about Klitschko lol
            Yeah my cousins girl is from down there & My cousin told me that Ward was just at his brothers party in Olympia & he says his girl knew him growing up & that he was raised down there.

I lol'd at the remarks. I'm talking about Olympia Washington people. Does anyone know if Ward was raised there?

Comment

A lot of people view P4P as a "lifetime achievement" sort of list.
              When I think of P4P I think of who are the best boxers right now.
              And IMO I think the best boxers right now are Floyd Mayweather and Andre Ward.
              Mayweather looked good in May, but obviously past his best, and if Ward beats Dawson in a convincing manner, I'd say he is #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci Mane View Post
                Ward has two great wins (Froch and Kessler) and a good win over Abraham. After that it goes down in a hurry. In no way shape or for his his resume better than Floyd, Pacquiao, Martinez or Bradley.

Green is meh and so was Miranda.

Also, can people please stop overrating fighters resumes.

I mean Ward has potential to be great, don't get me wrong, but as much as I dislike Floyd, his resume ****s on Wards and I dare someone to argue otherwise.
                It's not so much how many fighters he's beaten but the way he's doing it, he is dominating fights and rarely dropping a round.

Look at all the judges scores: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1958&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci Mane View Post
                  Ward has two great wins (Froch and Kessler) and a good win over Abraham. After that it goes down in a hurry. In no way shape or for his his resume better than Floyd, Pacquiao, Martinez or Bradley.

Green is meh and so was Miranda.

Also, can people please stop overrating fighters resumes.

I mean Ward has potential to be great, don't get me wrong, but as much as I dislike Floyd, his resume ****s on Wards and I dare someone to argue otherwise.
                  The bold then the size?? What the hell?? Overall Ward does not have a better resume than the guys you mentioned. But his wins in the last 2 years are head & shoulders above every guy you named ahead of him. Coincidentally you bring up their resume to defend them, then turn right around in the same exact post & say don't overrate resumes, lol. Ok buddy, just gwan ahead & practice what you preach!!

Comment

Working...
                  X