Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed Ladder, Do you use it? Do you rate it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Ladder, Do you use it? Do you rate it?

I used to use it quite alot, bellow is a video i done of me using it the other day, hadnt used it in a while, used to be a bit faster, but still pretty fast. I seen Alex Ariza using it with Manny and Amir, also seen Donaire using it. I think its good for improving cordination, especially with younger athletes, and also can help with foot speed and transfering your weight.

Do you rate it as an exercise?

Do you use it in your training?

Check my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NextNextLevel?feature=mhee
    Last edited by salem-no1; 05-04-2012, 06:10 PM.

i used to when i was an athlete

it's good for keeping your feet quick and learning to coordinate your entire body with your footwork

and of course it's a workout if you're doing things right and keeping your heart rate up

obviously there is only so much you can do with a set of squares on the ground in a row.
    Last edited by New England; 05-04-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

We have one taped on the ground at our gym.

Comment

i do it. however sometimes i dont feel like its a workout. just one of those things you can show off on by doing it so fast haha

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
          i do it. however sometimes i dont feel like its a workout. just one of those things you can show off on by doing it so fast haha

do it when you're already tired.

Comment

I think its good to a certain extent, imo it will improve ankle stiffness, and ability to change direction to a degree, but its not the be all and end all. When done slowly i think its pretty pointless. You have to go hard so you get that strong push off when you change direction.

Comment

ive benn thinking about getting one for some time, jst never got around to do it. seems very effective for a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by salem-no1 View Post
                I used to use it quite alot, bellow is a video i done of me using it the other day, hadnt used it in a while, used to be a bit faster, but still pretty fast. I seen Alex Ariza using it with Manny and Amir, also seen Donaire using it. I think its good for improving cordination, especially with younger athletes, and also can help with foot speed and transfering your weight.

Do you rate it as an exercise?

Do you use it in your training?

Check my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NextNextLevel?feature=mhee
                khan's footwork is god awful. and that sports shoe advert he does is cringe-worthy, he's like bloomin Bambi in it

Comment

I use the speed ladder as my warmup every other day. I try to incorporate a linear dynamic warmup before I hit weights on (a) days and a lateral warmup (speed ladder) on (b) days. Good for coordination and foot quickness, also can add in different variables to help with spatial awareness (ie- backwards, eyes fixed on a target or multiple targets during drills, add in med ball catch and throw during drills), and by putting it in the warmup section you kind of get a little more bang for your buck imo.

Comment

I always thought it would be good to add to my workouts anyone know where I can buy one

Comment

Working...
                    X