Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Carl Froch be admitted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will get in as soon as the sufficient time passes.

It's not even up for debate, he's a guaranteed hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      He will get in as soon as the sufficient time passes.

It's not even up for debate, he's a guaranteed hall of famer.
      For me, and a lot of people, Andre Ward is borderline. Him and Froch have a very similar resume, except Ward has a win over him, and he has looked dominant against everyone he has fought.

Its definitely up for debate imo.

I think he will get in though

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        For me, and a lot of people, Andre Ward is borderline. Him and Froch have a very similar resume, except Ward has a win over him, and he has looked dominant against everyone he has fought.

Its definitely up for debate imo.

I think he will get in though
        Froch is borderline for me and Ward is not even close to HOF status.
        For Ward to get in, he would need another 4 significant wins over a year and a half time frame as a minimum and no more cans for the remainder of his career. He also needs to fight away from his home base on a regular basis, at least 50% of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          For Ward to get in, he would need another 4 significant wins over a year and a half time frame as a minimum and no more cans for the remainder of his career. He also needs to fight away from his home base on a regular basis, at least 50% of his fights.
          Hmmm...I agree with your Froch assesment..

Comment

Sure.. I think hes HOF bound.

Comment

Not before Eubank and Benn.

Comment

Yeah I think so. I do agree that there are others who deserve to get in before him though.

Comment

Yes. People would respect Ward more if he wasn't such a stay-at-home prima donna.

Comment

The guy that didn't know what undisputed is and didn't know if the Ring Magazine belt exists a week ago, thinks he now knows enough to have an opinion on who should or shouldn't be in the Hall Of Fame.

If Ward needs to do what you say then what does Golovkin have to do? Wards resume is far greater than his.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                      He's one of the best SMWs ever. He's a shoe in.
                      Probably, but he shouldnt be. Fighters like Mancini and Gatti should be acceptions because they defined boxing in their era with their all action time after time foty performances.

Being a moderately successful banger that lost all your important fights shouldn't qualify you for the HOF. Maybe British hall of fame, but he has never even been the best 168lber at any point in his career, so its hard to make a case.

Comment

Working...
                      X