Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is James Kirkland a good tune-up before GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is James Kirkland a good tune-up before GGG?

This is of course hypothetically speaking because I dont think (an active) James Kirkland is a tune-up fighter but would a solid win over Kirkland be evident enough that Canelo can beat GGG?

Not at all. Two very different fighters.

Comment

Nope. James Kirkland is an aggressive pressuring brawler. GGG is an aggressive counter punching pressure fighter. It's a difference that people don't actually appreciate about GGG. He counters AS HE PRESSURES YOU.

Comment

2 round tuneups are no bueno

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Nope. James Kirkland is an aggressive pressuring brawler. GGG is an aggressive counter punching pressure fighter. It's a difference that people don't actually appreciate about GGG. He counters AS HE PRESSURES YOU.
          I think GGG more or less just punches with his opponents because he doesnt fear what they throw back. Traditionally a counter puncher thats agressive feints and moves his head a lot, never seen ggg do either 1, but GGG cuts the ring off great while throwing which makes him good/scary, imo of course.

Comment

No, I'm not even sure Canelo beats Kirkland. If Kirkland survives the early rounds then we'll have a fight.

Even if Canelo wins I don't think he will be interested to take on GGG anytime soon.

Comment

No I don't think so.

Comment

No he isn't because Kirkland is really a brawler or slugger whatever you want to call it. He is strong and powerful but he lacks craft, but he will go balls to the wall until he is done, the other guy is.

Golovkin is a boxer puncher, he has skill and while he is much better coming forward he still has some idea about how to boxing in a different way. Golovkin makes sure to be in proper range when he punches and is not wasteful with what he does. Golovkin also has some defense, not much head movement but he does try to avoid eating unnecessary punches.

Comment

The only thing they have in common is that they are boxers. They fight nothing like each other and the skill level between them... Kirkland couldn't even lace up GGG's gloves without him being KO'd from it.

Also, Canelo is not fighting GGG why do you guys think this? He's fought less MW's than Cotto but you expect to jump into the ring with GGG... Have you not watched this, if not, please do.

Comment

kirkland is'nt a tune up for anybody. and alvared aint ever fight GGG. triple G beat the crap out of him with head gear. mosley was there and confired it. he absolutely aint ever getting in the with the G-ster no matter what he says.

Comment

Working...
                    X