Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What hype??

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      He's one dimensional but very good at that one dimension and sometimes that's all it takes.
      I agree with you, I may be picking Canelo here but I'm not sleeping on Lara's physical attributes and conditioning. Just think that people aren't rating him properly.

Comment

Look, if people think Lara is one of the best p4p on the planet and the only legit threat to Floyd then yes, he is being overrated but if you talk to real boxing fans then they will say he is easily one of the top 3 LMWs on the planet. He has decent hand speed, a good selection of punches and moves well.

I too was dismayed by how easily angulo found lara in that fight but lara showed heart, determination and kept coming back. against trout he showed a superior boxing brain. in previous fights, especially against Williams (i have tht fight a draw, so damn close), lara showed good skill in controlling the range against a taller man, very difficult to do, ask anyone who has boxed or even sparred. to do that against someone as good as the punisher shows us lara is above average.

is he great or p4p right now? no. will the canelo fight give us a definitive answer to who is the best 154? most probably.

in all honesty, im just glad the fight has been made as both guys need to face each other.

canelos recent has been great too: trout, floyd, angulo and now lara, if he wins, he solidifies his place on the fringe of the top p4p fighters out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Triangle theory in full effect

You could also say that canelo struggled with trout and Lara easily undressed trout
          Canelo never struggled with Trout he beat an undefeated Trout fair and square.

Angulo is tripe, slowest boxer in the sport so don't give me that ''styles make fights'' **** Idk what style Angulo has his attributes apart from his chin and power are garbage.

Canelo will press the attack and **** this hypejob up.

Comment

He also is not really active, even if he wins he might get robbed. I remember watching the P.will fight, i think i scored it 9-3 to Lara but his style really could not do him justice with the judges.
            But i do give him credit he looks small for the division and Canelo too (height wise).

Look at Lara sparring one of the charlo twins, he looks much bigger compared to Lara

Comment

I'm going to be laughing my ass off when Canelo starts to gasp for air around the 6th or 7th round like he always does and Lara starts to pick him apart.
              Last edited by UTEP; 05-11-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

What the experts said before Rigo/Donaire:

What the experts are saying before Canelo/Lara:
                Except Donaire was never really that good. He was a knock out guy. He wasn't special. Canelo is 5x the boxer/puncher Donaire is.

And Rigo is a lot slicker and craftier than Lara is.

Comment

What the experts said before Rigo/Donaire:

What the experts are saying before Canelo/Lara:
                  But Rigondeaux >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lara man

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Triangle theory in full effect

You could also say that canelo struggled with trout and Lara easily undressed trout
                    You could say that. But the difference being Canelo showed a different aspect to his game that we hadn't seen before the Trout fight.

Defense head and waist movement and he used his jab efficiently. Obviously Lara had an easier time but Canelo looked better against Trout than what we saw in Lara/Angulo.

Comment

Only one month to see who is overrated and who is the real deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X