No announcement yet.

Does God exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    In the name of the Manny, the Freddie, and the Holy Buboy...

it goes

in the name of The Manny, The Freddy and The Holy Buboy....ummmmmm-en

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      it goes

in the name of The Manny, The Freddy and The Holy Buboy....ummmmmm-en
      LMAO!!!!

Don't forget to say a few Hail Jinkees before you go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post

There is no God in the absence of your belief.
        I'm agnostic and don't know if God exists or not.

But one thing is for sure, if you pull your pants down and bend over in front of me, I'll take you to heaven.

Comment

when i'm 69ing and my girl is savagely beating me to a climax while simultaneously spewing hot diarrhea all over my chest and mouth, I see the face of God

Comment

Last edited by led; 10-29-2011, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Sorry but this thread reminded me of my philosophy class I took way back.

It's been a while back but Aquinas/Anselm (don't remember, too lazy to look it up) said being an atheist admits the idea of the existence of God.

Nothing beats Pascal's words he said something about 4/5 possibilities
              you can believe and if God really exists you get eternal rewards. Others are if you're wrong, expect to feel the wrath and you're ****ed lol. Something with the odds game, like gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Sorry but this thread reminded me of my philosophy class I took way back.

It's been a while back but Aquinas/Anselm (don't remember, too lazy to look it up) said being an atheist admits the idea of the existence of God.

Nothing beats Pascal's words he said something about 4/5 possibilities
                you can believe and if God really exists you get eternal rewards. Others are if you're wrong, expect to feel the wrath and you're ****ed lol. Something with the odds game, like gambling.
                Pascal's Wager is a rubbish argument. For one thing it only works if there's only one religion. Otherwise you would have to believe in and worship Allah, YHWH, a pantheon of Hindu gods, and every other god that has ever been devised by human beings and might be miffed if you leave them out, or risk not pacifying what turns out to be the one true god. And doing this would bring you into direct conflict with an almost universal commandment not to worship other gods.

Of course Pascal was referring to the christian god, an omnipotent and omniscient super-deity that knows your every thought. And therefore knows that you're not actually worshiping him, you're just attempting to deceive him into feeling appeased. So it wouldn't work!

Then there's the issue that he is suggesting that you believe something which in the absence of indoctrination and societal reinforcement is PATENTLY absurd, just in case it turns out to be true.

Blaise Pascal contributed myriad different things to the world. His stupid wager was not among them.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X