Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What region do you live in and what kind of scoring system is used?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What region do you live in and what kind of scoring system is used?

Back when I lived in Northern California, the olympic style of scoring was used for bouts at shows. I pretty much figured this was universal. When I moved down to Southern California and learned they scored bouts by rounds, I was surprised and probably could have won a couple fights if I had known other wise. Anyway, my question is what kind of scoring system do they use in your area? And where is "your area"?

In Australia, it is mixed. In most of the country, for all fights, the standard olympic style i used. But sometimes in NSW on small shows the fights are scored manually. The things they use are called "clickers" or something. Dunno how it works exactly, and don't really care either lol

Comment

Yeah im in Melbourne, Australia. Generally Olympic style scoring but I went to an amateur show last Friday and they used the 10 point must system.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
        Yeah im in Melbourne, Australia. Generally Olympic style scoring but I went to an amateur show last Friday and they used the 10 point must system.
        10point must sytsem in a 3 or 4 rounder??
        wow

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
          10point must sytsem in a 3 or 4 rounder??
          wow
          3 rounder, im not a big fan of it. You could dominate 2 rounds and then cop a flash knock down and the fight is a draw. Is what it is though...

Comment

Here in Ontario, Canada we use olympic computer scoring for tournaments only.

Club shows are done with clickers, or by rounds, or by the judges flipping a coin (or atleast sometimes it seems that way)

Comment

Working...
            X