No announcement yet.

Who do you consider the Heavyweight "champion"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Its not a slut belt like the IBF or WBA that gets passed or bought - you really have to beat a champion to get it and its lineage is mint from greats holding it : whereas the IBF or WBO just became recognized yesterday #BOMBZQUAD
    wich is why stevenson is the man at 175 not ward right

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      You're own words were to hold the WBC you need to beat a champion, that's neither true nor a misconception it's a lie, perpetuated by somebody trying to raise stock in his hero. Don't be a fan boy and come out with this crap and inept contest it, it's really simple. You understand that right ?
      Oh you got me! I must confess I lied to you when I told you that I was Don Suliman and I decided that you needed to beat a champion to become one.
      Originally posted by original zero View Post
      weiland said ring is the only thing he respects. well ring had stiverne #2 in the world when deontay beat him . . .
      but I'm a fan-boy.

Comment

had nothing to do with AJ & wilder. he's consistently been honest and admitted the WBC is the most valuable belt when speaking about which route to take with his various fighters. anybody who follows the sport closely realizes the green belt brings the most green in the marketplace.

you don't follow the sport closely, so of course you missed it.

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/statu...11970966138880

it was taken from adonis because HBO wanted to be able to pretend kovalev-ward was for the real championship.

so if we know that ring is owned by a promoter. if we know they make up the rules as they go along. if we know they consistently invent rules to damage showtime and benefit hbo...

and you STILL consider ring the top title, don't you realize how foolish that makes you?

it's a ****ing magazine. a magazine owned by golden boy promotions. the titles are meaningless.
        How is the WBC anymore more valuable than beating the actual recognised champ in Klitschko, Joshua has huge traction in beating Klitschko in the states with causal fans because he's recognised as the domineering force that established himself over a decade. Joshua is now more heard of in the states than Wilder who's had x amount of fights on network and terrestrial already yet still nobody knows who he is hence the reason he had to piggy back and commentate the Klitschko Joshua fight to get some screen time to put himself out there. I've had people ask me who is that guy with the green belt after that fight !

Ward Kovalev should be for the Ring belt, simple.

I recognise lineage, in Furry's case I refuse because he's a drugs cheat. In this thread instance I recognise the Ring champion because the lineage for me was reestablished with Joshua beating the no.1 Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          How is the WBC anymore more valuable than beating the actual recognised champ in Klitschko
          First of all, Klitschko was not the recognized champion. Stop making things up. Second of all, just because WBC titles are the most valuable in boxing overall doesn't mean there won't be examples of other champions being the most prominent figure in their division at times.

Joshua is now more heard of in the states than Wilder
          Way more people in the states have seen Deontay fight than have seen AJ fight. Stop making things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            wich is why stevenson is the man at 175 not ward right
            This is correct. Oh poor Earl did you really think I was going to let my patriotism in the way of my judgement.....sorry.

Comment

weiland said ring is the only thing he respects. well ring had stiverne #2 in the world when deontay beat him . . .
              Another lie quote where I said that.

Comment

Only another week to go, on finding out whether Wladimir Kiltschko will attempt to overcome the boxing mountain that is Anthony Joshua! Tyson Fury seems to be the people's champion for hardcore boxing fans, but for casuals and media outlets? Anthony Joshua is number 1! Unlike Tyson Fury, the media have been promoting Anthony Joshua as the champion continuously! (The media is a powerful tool, it quite literally controls the majority of peoples minds! Not mine though!)...

Comment

So to sum it up : this thread backfired on OP and people are in denial, refusing to give Wilder his credit when the facts validate Deontay as holding THE only title that matters at HW.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    So to sum it up : this thread backfired on OP and people are in denial, refusing to give Wilder his credit when the facts validate Deontay as holding THE only title that matters at HW.
                    how did it backfire?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                      how did it backfire?
                      Zero and I killed ya'll - schools out.

Comment

Working...
                      X