Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Beating Brook Makes Me Number '1' at The Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's got by far the most impressive win, so I won't argue against it. We have to see the Thurman fight though.

Comment

Right now I gotta go with Thurman as #1 at Welter just cos he has the greater depth to his resume, but I'd be picking Spence to beat Keith should they meet in the ring.

Comment

No active fighter can beat Spence at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Sorry man... You still gotta beat One Time...
          Yupp, Thurman still has a better resume as well with Porter and DG on it, even though Spence seems to be more skilled

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
            No active fighter can beat Spence at 147.
            Thurman might, might attack him a few rounds then coast the way he did against DG, but in a fight I got Spence

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
              Spence might be #1 at WW simply because the division is weak. Spence is a great young fighter and deserves respect for taking the title in Brook's hometown. But there were always questions about Brook. His big win was against Porter. I like Shaun but he's a 1 dimensional fighter, always rushing in and smothering his own offence.
              As for "One Time", as he fought better guys the one time label really faded, now it refers to how many times he fights a year. Garcia was a good 140 pound fighter, but just ordinary as a welter.
              Boxing writers have to sell the fights but it would be refreshing to hear"..geez the WW division has gone to the dogs lately". lol
              This exactly

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                For everyone saying Thurman is the top dog at 147...I figured Pacquiao was still?

If Spence was a smart guy he'd ****ing beg for a Pac fight. Do everything possible, **** talk, cause a controversial stir..just move the mountains he's gotta move to seal the fight down on paper. He will never have a bigger name than Pac on his resume if he passes him up. We're going to wake up one day and look on at welterweight thinking how good we used to have it.

Bottom line, Spence is taking too many liberties. He should learn that lesson from Brook if anything. Brook wasted a bunch of time. I'm sure the management side of things are more ****ed than we realize but please dear god dont let him fall into the Danny Garcia groove
                Of course Pacquiao is still the no.1 WW.

So many casual boxing fans here thinking going life and death against Garcia and Porter is so much better than dominating Bradley and Vargas. That is why for them, Thurman is the no. 1 Welter. SMDH

Pacquiao just fought two ranked WW last year, means soft opponents by NSB fans standard. Maybe Pacquiao dominates them that is why they became soft opponents LOL.

As for Spence, I will put him at 1 if he DOMINATES Thurman or Pacquaio.

Comment

Too early to say that. Thurmans done nothing wrong at WW, beating porter and Garcia. I also think everybody is writing pacquaio off too soon. He's still a class act. Excellent win for spence but needs another against one of these two for the number 1 spot.

Comment

Personally, I think Thurman takes Spence right now. BUT agree with you on Crawford - if he can carry sufficient power to 147 I don't think anyone at WW gets even that close to him. It's a big jump though, the top WWs are pretty big guys.

Comment

Nope it doesn't.... beat Thurman and you can claim to be the man at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X