• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rjj

and zab

Comment

Bob Satterfield.

He didn't exactly have monster power so to speak but he could certainly punch.

And his chin could easily be called 'glass'. Especially by today's standard. And I think was knocked down over 20 times and knocked out cold on multiple occasions.

But that's what made him one of the most exciting fighters ever. The fact if he hit you he might knock you out but if you hit him he may be out cold.

He also fought a hell of a lot of great fighters.

Comment

I am surprised no one said Tito Trinidad

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
          W. Klitschko, David Hate, Tommy Hearns, Juanma Lopez and Kendall Holt. Some people say Randall Bailey has a glass jaw but that's complete bulls**t. Urango, Cotto, Smith and Corley (the only guys to drop, stop or hurt him) are all good punchers. He's never been KO'ed by a single shot out of nowhere like guys like Wlad have been.
          What single shot that KO'd Klitschko are you referring ? Because i have been watching them since almost their beginning and don't recall this KO . In fact his 3 losses have been adjudged as TKO's.

The Purrity one was a collapse and not a KD, after 11 rds of beating Purrity all round the ring, in his 25th fight in his first 24 mths as a pro. Stopped by his corner.

The Sanders KD was seriously helped by a simultaneous hefty butt over the forehead cutting his left eye, and actually knocking him down for the 1st KD. He kept getting up, which showed his chin was pretty good.

The Brewster one is still a mystery, since no one has been able to identify the punch that KD'd him. He began staggering around the ring, sick as a dog, and collapsed. After beating hell out of Brewster in the preceding 4 rds incuding a serious KD. The ref should have stopped it then as Brewster had taken a ton of punishment.

And the last of these was about 7 years ago.

SOooo what KO precisely are you speaking of?

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            LOL "fearsine KO Killer" - Peter didn't KO anyone of worth.

at his best sam peter was an absolutely viscous puncher
            not being able to knock out top tier competition doesn't change that

Comment

Peter was boosted up to the skies by both his manager and the press. I always used to write in that most of his KO's were old worn out palooka's who were led gently to the ring and propped abainst the ropes until it was time to fall down.

However, he had a KO reputation, and , in fact has a good, solid wallop. He lacks in other ways of course. The point was, that with poor Klitschko's fragile chin, Peter would O him the first time he hit him.

Don't you recall all the catcalling and denigrating etc.?? It nearly ruined the guy's reputation as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
                Zab Judah, Amir Khan, Wlad Klit come to mind. Although I'm not sure I would describe Khan as having "monster power."
                not sure Judah and Khan as Knockout punchers.

+1 Morrison.

Comment

Originally posted by VolumePuncher View Post
                  Plus Douglas did everything short of kill him in order to KO him. I've seen some strong chins, but if you see the uppercut Douglas hit him with in the last combination he threw, no one's going to take that shot and keep going. I mean not only was he battered as hell already, but he leaned into it AND it hit him on the perfect spot.

lol i've heard some of the crazies around here call douglas a featherfister, as well

that combination would have killed most men
                  douglas has 83 inches of reach for christ's sake

he's a gigantic man

if anything mike tyson had a good chin.

but if i'm not mistaken, other than the title, isnt the thread about men who were prone to being knocked out?

that and weak chins obviously go together, but it's also got a lot to do with the way a man fights, and the skills he's got to rely on
                  punchers work harder and take more risk offensively
                  real knockout types (guys looking to put everything into power punches) have to fight with some degree of abandon
                  and will always be more susceptible to being knocked out, regardless of the chin

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    lol i've heard some of the crazies around here call douglas a featherfister, as well

that combination would have killed most men
                    douglas has 83 inches of reach for christ's sake

he's a gigantic man

if anything mike tyson had a good chin.

but if i'm not mistaken, other than the title, isnt the thread about men who were prone to being knocked out?

that and weak chins obviously go together, but it's also got a lot to do with the way a man fights, and the skills he's got to rely on
                    punchers work harder and take more risk offensively
                    real knockout types (guys looking to put everything into power punches) have to fight with some degree of abandon
                    and will always be more susceptible to being knocked out, regardless of the chin
                    Tyson had a great chin. He didn't get very much credit for being a tough guy, but he was. Many perceive Tyson as being mentally weak (I believe there's a lot of truth to that), but he was a very tough customer, physically speaking. It took quite a bit to chop him down.

Comment

Agreed Ruben. That seems to be a big misconception.

Comment

Working...
                      X