Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the statues of historical people be removed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the statues of historical people be removed?

Yes, all of them
    12.50%
    Yes, but only those of white/European historical people
    12.50%
    No, let's leave them alone, to help us remember history
    75.00%

Nah, the plaques should be changed though.

Comment

I think they should be preserved, even statues of people who were racist like Malcolm X or like Vladimir Lenin, because there are lessons to be learned from of the bad as well as the good.

Comment

Can't erase history my dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hammer View Post
          I think they should be preserved, even statues of people who were racist like Malcolm X or like Vladimir Lenin, because there are lessons to be learned from of the bad as well as the good.
          Exactly my point.

You leave the statue up, but change the plaque to read 'Malcolm X - 1925 to 1965 - Racist Asshole'

Comment

If they stood for racism and/or were pro slavery/owned slaves, then yes.

I don't see why anyone would want a statue of someone who makes them look bad.

Comment

or maybe if they represent bad people fighting for evil then a plaque should be placed on them to explain the evil they did

oops someone already said that
              Last edited by maracho; 10-15-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hammer View Post
                I'm not sure what the Lenin statue is doing on American soil as is. I really wouldn't care if he gets taken down because he had nothing to do with America.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post

In that case you'd agree that you want Mount Rushmore destroyed. Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and Benjamin Franklin all taken down as well? Why stop there remove them from our money also?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post

Name one statue in the US of A that stands for racism.

Comment

Working...
                    X