Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was that the end of the sport of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's too much bad refereeing in boxing. There is fight after fight where people end up in ICU on a drip after rounds and rounds of punishment and then there's an equally criminally high number of fights where a fighter who isn't that badly hurt (YET) is pulled out against his will and to the dismay of the fans and pundits. These are people's careers and the reputation of the sport at stake here.

All I can say is thank god the fight was promoted so badly. If all the casuals had been watching that would have been rip boxing.

Look, I really accept ward had kovalev. I had kov ahead by 1 point at that time but for me it's clear that he was gonna get finished off at worst or out pointed in the latter rounds at best by ward once round 8 got going. But the fact is that fight was stopped prematurely even if u do buy that the punches were legit which I don't. He shud have been given an 8 count minimum then he probably wud have seen into round 9. after that he wud most likely have been beat in round 9 or 10 but he wud had had no complaints and ward wud have a fair victory. Now boxing a detractors have yet another piece of forensic evidence in the ongoing case against boxing a legitimacy as a sport

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      He should have took a knee or layed out on his belly. No standing knockdowns in professional boxing.
      Really? I've seen enough standing counts. Anyway, he almost punched him in the balls and Weeks had a perfect view.

Comment

Why do people continue to claim the sport is going to die everytime there's some controversial end? Don't you ever get tired of that nonsense? Boxing will be fine no matter what.

Comment

Stop crying.@END of BOXING@ you sound like little sensetive girl

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Why do people continue to claim the sport is going to die everytime there's some controversial end? Don't you ever get tired of that nonsense? Boxing will be fine no matter what.
            agreed.....

Comment

It's only the end if you're an emotional fan boy..... if not the sport goes on.

People say this fight wasn't a big event so how can it "end" the sport.... stop these over the top reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post
                I mean...Ward that do not box but duck-grab-low blows all night, Kovalev that gasses after 4 rounds.

Referees that do not promote a healthy box but allow dirty tactics like continue grabbing, low blows etc.

On top of it, referee that not only do not see and penalyze low blows, but stops fight for no reason.

Kovalev was way ahead on the scorecards, but gassed out, he was probably going to lose the last rounds to a controversial decision or getting KOd, but jesus christ if that is the case let him get KTFOed and do not stop for no reason.

Ref should've just called the low blow and let them finish one way or another till the end of the fight or till Kovalev take a dive on the floor out of breath.

Not only this, but did you see what happened with Rigondeaux and the mexican?
                Both of them should have been disqualified, together with the ref and other commission members.
                The blow was way past the bell, and mroeover, the mexican looks like took a dive while he could have stand on his feet.

Shameful. Boxing is dead.
                Lmfao....you salty your boy got whooped! Lol...2017, time to git rid of the fake s**t! lil g is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Kosta View Post
                  There's too much bad refereeing in boxing. There is fight after fight where people end up in ICU on a drip after rounds and rounds of punishment and then there's an equally criminally high number of fights where a fighter who isn't that badly hurt (YET) is pulled out against his will and to the dismay of the fans and pundits. These are people's careers and the reputation of the sport at stake here.

All I can say is thank god the fight was promoted so badly. If all the casuals had been watching that would have been rip boxing.

Look, I really accept ward had kovalev. I had kov ahead by 1 point at that time but for me it's clear that he was gonna get finished off at worst or out pointed in the latter rounds at best by ward once round 8 got going. But the fact is that fight was stopped prematurely even if u do buy that the punches were legit which I don't. He shud have been given an 8 count minimum then he probably wud have seen into round 9. after that he wud most likely have been beat in round 9 or 10 but he wud had had no complaints and ward wud have a fair victory. Now boxing a detractors have yet another piece of forensic evidence in the ongoing case against boxing a legitimacy as a sport
                  Get off the crack pipe! Ward shut this dude out & then took him out.

Comment

****ing crybabies

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post
                      I mean...Ward that do not box but duck-grab-low blows all night, Kovalev that gasses after 4 rounds.

Referees that do not promote a healthy box but allow dirty tactics like continue grabbing, low blows etc.

On top of it, referee that not only do not see and penalyze low blows, but stops fight for no reason.

Kovalev was way ahead on the scorecards, but gassed out, he was probably going to lose the last rounds to a controversial decision or getting KOd, but jesus christ if that is the case let him get KTFOed and do not stop for no reason.

Ref should've just called the low blow and let them finish one way or another till the end of the fight or till Kovalev take a dive on the floor out of breath.

Not only this, but did you see what happened with Rigondeaux and the mexican?
                      Both of them should have been disqualified, together with the ref and other commission members.
                      The blow was way past the bell, and mroeover, the mexican looks like took a dive while he could have stand on his feet.

Shameful. Boxing is dead.
                      Referee robbed ward, kovalev and the fans.
                      I dont like ward but he deserves an unquestionable win, he worked his butt for it, performed well and delivered. Not 100%, but it looked like the fight was really going his way when it was stopped, but let's not stick to theories and what will be and what could've been, instead let's see it, let them fight.

Kovalev was also robbed of a comeback, yes it's likely he's tired and was hurt but we said the same to all the great comebacks that ever happened. not 100% but has a chance.

Fans from both sides now dealing with nonsense debates.
                      A clean win is acceptable even to the highest nhugger in the planet, one he cant debate about and the referee took that away.

Comment

Working...
                      X