Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't need to be a boxer to criticize Campbell.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by comanick View Post
    Yeah but im not the one getting on the internet claiming I was wronged now am I?
    nope, you're the one getting on the internet claiming that nate quit because of a small cut.

1) nate has been cut before and fought through it
    2) nate has fought through adversity before
    3) nate has come from behind to win fights before

bottomline, nate would not quit unless it was a legit reason (ie. he could not see out of his left eye, which any doctor would stop the fight if it occured)

Nate is the one getting on the internet looking for support. If u want my support all Im asking for is a little proof.
    I want to support you, all I'm asking is a little proof that you aren't a psycho killer. but I could give you the benefit of the doubt, the same benefit of the doubt that I give nate.

Just cause nate said it dont make it true. If i told you I was a billionaire wouldnt you want more proof than just MY word?
    fine... let me see a psychological evaluation of you first so I know for certain that you are not mentally handicapped. then i might take what you just said seriously.

But maybe im wrong. Maybe nate campbell is the most honest man in the world and everything he says is the truth.
    but maybe i'm wrong. maybe some anonymous poster has more credibility than a man who is a public figure and well known in his community and the boxing community. should I listen to you (an anonymous poster) or to nate campbell???

Comment

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but its obvious to tell a lot of the time who has boxed and who hasnt. You can criticize all you want, but you do so with the potential of looking like a hypocrite. If you've never been willing to fight at all how can you criticize him for quitting? He was in with a younger, faster and in my opinion better fighter. He was at a disadvantage from the beginning of the fight and after the cut he didnt think he could overcome that disadvantage blood in the eye or not. You are also criticizing a man for doing something that was within the rules, the cut was caused by a butt therefore it should have been a NC. I personally thought at the time he should have kept fighting, but how can you talk bad about a man who was expecting the rules that are in place to be enforced?

Comment

In the words of Freddie Roch: Nate is a fucking bum.. I wonder how he would react to a headbutt from Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          a non boxer can critisize a fighters skill. cuz just cuz he never boxed himself doesnt mean he doesnt know his boxing. however he has no idea what its like to feel the type of pain u feel in the ring, hense they have no right to critizise someone for quitting. cuz they dont know what they are talking about.

i became a boxing fan at age 13. i called certain fighters cowards and ******* etc. right after i turned 17 i started boxing myself. the first time i took a good liver shot i was in shock and disbelief at how badly it hurt and i never called a pro fighter a ***** or coward since, nor critisized him for quitting. if he quit it hurts his lageacy ofcourse, but i cant critisize him cuz u cant demand of anyone to go thru the pain u got thru in a boxing ring. and u need to have been in a ring yourself to understand that.

Good post. I think what the TS is trying to say is why can't we criticize him for quitting if it is our opinion? It doesn't make it right or true but a lot of people come on here sayingf just cause your not a boxer you don't know. That may be the case but we still can have our opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Camila View Post
            I see a lot of defenders of Campbell get self righteous by saying that if you've never boxed you have no right to criticize him, or you have no credibility.

Nonsense.

Thats like saying you can't criticize the president because you've never been a president yourself.

Its post modern cowardly bull****.

We as fight fans know what we saw. Stop trying to convince us that we saw something different.

You just come off as self righteous and condescending.
            agreed...........

Comment

Working...
            X