No announcement yet.

How do you fight the "raging bull"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you fight the "raging bull"?

I'm more of a defensive/counter-attacking boxer, and I can't stand it when I spar with guys who just rush me and throw punch after punch and I can't shake him

Anybody got any advice on how to neutralise him?

if youre a counter puncher you should have an easier time.
    just walk forward into their punches to smother them. stick and move man, just throw a bunch and move sideways. if they back you straight up youll lose, but if youre goin sideways youll throw them off.

Comment

keep jabbing at him

keep your jab in his face at all times to keep him at a distance

Comment

People like those get really slo[[py when they get uncomfortable

you make them uncomfortable by getting them off balance, clinching, and keeping your hands in their face

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
          keep jabbing at him

keep your jab in his face at all times to keep him at a distance
          no. their constant pressure will leave the jab smothered unless youre backin straight up. if you are backing straight up you will lose. you need to go in on a jab, throw a quick combo and move. feint punches to get their guard up and land lead hooks, and then move off that. easy ****. a jab only works if youre running.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovely View Post
            no. their constant pressure will leave the jab smothered unless youre backin straight up. if you are backing straight up you will lose. you need to go in on a jab, throw a quick combo and move. feint punches to get their guard up and land lead hooks, and then move off that. easy ****. a jab only works if youre running.

I don't know man that's whats worked for me in the past

constant jabbing and lateral movement

Comment

Jab with your lead hand and block what you can with the other hand.
              Keep distance and keep moving, try and land the odd power shot to shake them up!

Comment

When a guy's rushin in, feed him the uppercuts.

Comment

jab, jab, jab, jab, HUGE UPPERCUT

Comment

Im a forward moving in-fighter, alot of people say that it is'nt the best style but it works for me.

Truly the things that make me uncofertable are exactly whats been listen: lateral movement, moving in hitting then moving out, staying far back and useing alot of footwork and constant jabbing. Though when they jab alot i have a tendancy to duck the first one and close in fairly fast enough to catch them with a big body blow which slows them down and continue until i have them.

The best thing to do againts a forward moving in-fighter is to keep moving and keep hitting, fight smart and dont try to brawl it out on the inside.

The best strategy againts a man that moves alot is to corner him, move around and keep pressing forward; dont be afraid to take a few punches, If he moves to the side then your going to need to have a sharp step in as you move with him, eventually backing him up allowing you to sit on the inside if only for a few seconds. But always make sure you use your jab, a strong jab can back anyone up and if your an in-fighter then the ones that move forward are perfectly fine too

Comment

Working...
                    X