No announcement yet.

Jump Rope

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump Rope

I started jump roping recently and have found it to help alot in boxing. I feel like my sparring sessions go better and i have less lactic acid in my calfs and legs. What i would like to know is if people have any good exercises for jump roping that help even more.

jumping rope

i dont have any new exersizes, but i definitly agree with u, i like to jump rope before i do road work if possible, i like the way it warms up my calfs that always seem to cramp up while i run.

Comment

The only way to get better at skipping rope is to skip more. There are so many different exercises you can do while skipping rope, and they all work on different athletic traits -- endurance, balance, rhythm (essential for counterpunching), coordination. . . it goes on and on.

Tricks I've learned in eight months of skipping rope:

cross over (each hand -- learn right over left, & left over right)
      double under (jump high!)
      skip while in a squat
      skip while in my stance
      one-legged / switching legs
      running in place
      jumping side to side in my stance
      moving forward, backwards, sideways (either running, jumping, or hopping in my stance)
      backwards skipping; i.e., rope moving from in front of me to behind me

Comment

how long due you guys jump rope b4 you get tired and how long could you go when you started

Comment

Jump Rope

It depends, if your tying to loose wight, do it as long as possible (i have seen guys doing it for a full hour to drop weight without stoppin). normally i do it for three rounds before i train with 30 sec breaks in betwen

Comment

My coach runs us 2.5 miles, then we jump rope for 30 mins, nonstop. Granted, we have to stop at some point, but you have to start up again ASAP. Fraidy hit it on the head with his suggestions. The best thing to do after you get comfortable with a rope is start moving. If you think about it, the jump-rope motion is the sampe motion you go through in your stance, and you'll hardly ever find yourself in one place in the ring for a while. So get your rhythm and start going back/forth/right/left.

Comment

Fartlek Skipping

Comment

Originally posted by Zigga View Post
                Fartlek Skipping
                and that is?

Comment

varying the pace,slow and then reaklly fast, slow, quite fast, very fast etc u get the idea

Comment

Working...
                  X