Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Eyes Crawford-Horn, Pacquiao Rejects Rematch in Australia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    And that's exactly what you do. It's what Spence did in Sheffield - but Manny FAILED to do the first time.

Now, Manny is ducking Jeff "The Hornet" Horn because he's not confident he can beat The Hornet, either by decision OR by knockout.

Crawford should show up, make The Hornet quit, so we can finally let Manny retire as effectively replaced with The New Face of Top Rank, Terrence "Bud" Crawford.
    You right but do you think bob really wants to put Bud up there on top of TR cuz I think he trying to put loma there.......

Comment

Crawford will beat the breaks off Horn. It's a total mismatch but it should be next to get that belt out the way and then settle into 147 before dominating it and taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        You right but do you think bob really wants to put Bud up there on top of TR cuz I think he trying to put loma there.......
        I don't. If he really wanted Lomachenko at the top he'd demand a Salido rematch, because it's the biggest money fight he could make. Loma/Rigo is all good, but Rigo has been over the hill for at least 2 years now. Salido is too, but until Loma avenges that L, that's all people will remember about him.

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

2) You know damn well Pacquiao didn't lose.
        Hmm. My scorecard had it 7-5 for Jeff "The Hornet" Horn.
        All three judges that night scored it for Jeff "The Hornet" Horn.

After an organizational review, three of the five judges scored it for Jeff "The Hornet" Horn. So that's 6 reputable judges, three of which were in Aus and three that were not.

Seems to me that Jeff "The Hornet" Horn DID win 7 rounds. It also seems to me that too many people are hanging their hat on Round 9 and Teddy Atlas' rant.

Regardless, it was a close fight - one won by the underdog, by UNANIMOUS decision.

Originally posted by rmd22360 View Post
        It is a good decision by Manny not to fight Horn in Australia.
        It's a good idea for a Hall of Famer in Manny Pacquiao to duck Jeff "The Hornet" Horn simply because he's not able to knock him out? Seriously?

All this BS about robberies - why can't Manny just KNOCK THE DUDE OUT? That's his job if he doesn't want another UD against him. Spence did it, why are people defending Manny on this crap?

Comment

I don't. If he really wanted Lomachenko at the top he'd demand a Salido rematch, because it's the biggest money fight he could make. Loma/Rigo is all good, but Rigo has been over the hill for at least 2 years now. Salido is too, but until Loma avenges that L, that's all people will remember about him.

Hmm. My scorecard had it 7-5 for Jeff "The Hornet" Horn.
          All three judges that night scored it for Jeff "The Hornet" Horn.

After an organizational review, three of the five judges scored it for Jeff "The Hornet" Horn. So that's 6 reputable judges, three of which were in Aus and three that were not.

Seems to me that Jeff "The Hornet" Horn DID win 7 rounds. It also seems to me that too many people are hanging their hat on Round 9 and Teddy Atlas' rant.

Regardless, it was a close fight - one won by the underdog, by UNANIMOUS decision.

It's a good idea for a Hall of Famer in Manny Pacquiao to duck Jeff "The Hornet" Horn simply because he's not able to knock him out? Seriously?

All this BS about robberies - why can't Manny just KNOCK THE DUDE OUT? That's his job if he doesn't want another UD against him. Spence did it, why are people defending Manny on this crap?
          Lol Manny out landed Horn in ten of 12 rds , almost stopped Horn in rd. 9 and every credible expert in boxing knows Manny won. I'll stay with that group and line of thinking.

Comment

Good move by Team Pacquiao. Love to see Manny challenges Spence or Thurman. His farewell fight.

Comment

Lol Manny out landed Horn in ten of 12 rds , almost stopped Horn in rd. 9 and every credible expert in boxing knows Manny won. I'll stay with that group and line of thinking.
              "No matter how....you....cut it, slice it or weigh it, he LOST to Jeff "The Hornet" Horn."

You didn't answer my question bro. Why can't Manny KNOCK the MF'er OUT if he's so worried about judges?

Why is it that Sor Rungvisai can leave no doubt, face a dangerous opponent in a rematch, and sleep him in 4 rounds - decisive - yet Manny gets excuses and passes when he fails to show the hell up and gets bullied and embarrassed? Now, he's ducking this guy who's been begging him for a rematch.

Manny Pacquiao ducking a rematch. Manny Pacquiao. Of all fighters.

IF he retires without avenging that loss, he'll be talked about not for the dominant years, but for the fact he got beat by a nobody AND then ducked him for a rematch, while Floyd continues wiping his ass with money.

Comment

"No matter how....you....cut it, slice it or weigh it, he LOST to Jeff "The Hornet" Horn."

You didn't answer my question bro. Why can't Manny KNOCK the MF'er OUT if he's so worried about judges?

Why is it that Sor Rungvisai can leave no doubt, face a dangerous opponent in a rematch, and sleep him in 4 rounds - decisive - yet Manny gets excuses and passes when he fails to show the hell up and gets bullied and embarrassed? Now, he's ducking this guy who's been begging him for a rematch.

Manny Pacquiao ducking a rematch. Manny Pacquiao. Of all fighters.

IF he retires without avenging that loss, he'll be talked about not for the dominant years, but for the fact he got beat by a nobody AND then ducked him for a rematch, while Floyd continues wiping his ass with money.
                You're too ignorant to respond rationally

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
                  I think Arum is not telling the whole story. From articles I read, Pac wants the rematch in the Philippines or some neutral country with new officials.

Arum isn't down with that. Seems like Team Pac is considering Dubai And the UAE again.
                  The Middle East, especially the Gulf, is just waiting for a sport to entertain the masses. I'm Arab myself and all they have over there is camel racing and soccer which no one really watches unless it's the asian tournament every four years. The place is an untapped goldmine and could do wonders for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                    if I was crawford I wouldn't go to australia.
                    crawford would finish him before 7 rounds no matter if Australia or Bangladesh

Comment

You're too ignorant to respond rationally
                      And you're too willing to forgive and excuse Manny for his flat out failure against a school teacher.

Done.

Comment

Working...
                      X