No announcement yet.

Michael Spinks vs Marvin Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
    Hagler has one of the best chins in the entire history of the sport and yet you say he would get starched in two? GTFO with that ridiculousness.
    Jake Lalamonta was tough as nails but I'd expect him to get
    starched too..

Your pitiful argumnt is like sayin:
    "Wesm Mcculloch had a great atg chin so there is no way Trinidad KOs him..."
    You see how stupid that sounds..

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
    If Marvin Hagler were to be KO'd it would be from an accumulation of punishment.
    So in your opinion Michael fcuking Spinks lacks one punch power at light heavy??

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
    Based on size alone Spinks should win a UD but I certainly don't think Hagler gets KOed and no way in hell he get's KOed early.
    Do you and Hawk have any facts??
    Or is it just wishful thinking??

Mikhail Spinx is the reason Hagglar stayed away from light heavy.

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
    My feelings exactly.

Marvin, if he had moved up to fight Spinks, would realize immediately this was not the middleweights he was dealing with. And Spinks will kayo him, believe that.
    Great minds think alike.

Haggar spent his career beating up old men, small guys and
    club fighters.
    He knew all to well the advantages a big guy has.

That's why he ducked the light heavy division.
    If it was a bum champ at the time you know hagglar would have moved up and took the risk.

Originally posted by alfredkubin View Post
    I guess Spinks would have won a rather boring decision. No way would he have knocked out Marvin.
    What is your reaoning doe?
    Nothing In haggars career suggest what you are saying.

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
    He would knock Marvin into next week. Next someone will say he would last the distance with Foster.
    Took the words right outta my mouth!!!

After that they'll tell us Marciano would have to settle for boring
    close UD against Hagglar! LOL

These idiots fell right into my trap!!!

I've been saying all along Hagglar was overrated!!
    They proved my point for me! lol

Comment

Both were great fighters. Spinks was just too big. Marvin would not have been very competitive at 175. I find nothing wrong with a fighter staying at their best weight. This is why we have weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Both were great fighters. Spinks was just too big. Marvin would not have been very competitive at 175. I find nothing wrong with a fighter staying at their best weight. This is why we have weight classes.
        Renaldo Duran, Roy Leonard and Tony Hearns all moved up to face
        Marvin.

But Marvin never did.
        Hagler was scared of Spinks, it's obvious.

Imagine some bum had a belt at light heavy instead.
        Haggar would have took the fight in a heartbeat and
        you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Acero View Post
          Renaldo Duran, Roy Leonard and Tony Hearns all moved up to face
          Marvin.

But Marvin never did.
          Hagler was scared of Spinks, it's obvious.

Imagine some bum had a belt at light heavy instead.
          Haggar would have took the fight in a heartbeat and
          you know it.
          Some fighters drain themselves to make the lower weight classes, or they just outgrow that weight class. Hagler, should be credited for being in top form to have ruled 160 for as long as he did. In the eras prior to Hagler, no one was ostracized for not moving up or down in weight. Some of the all-time great Middleweights such as LaMotta, Zale, Cerdan, Fullmer, Monzon, Giardello, Steele, Gibbons, etc., never fought outside of their division.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Some fighters drain themselves to make the lower weight classes, or they just outgrow that weight class. Hagler, should be credited for being in top form to have ruled 160 for as long as he did. In the eras prior to Hagler, no one was ostracized for not moving up or down in weight. Some of the all-time great Middleweights such as LaMotta, Zale, Cerdan, Fullmer, Monzon, Giardello, Steele, Gibbons, etc., never fought outside of their division.

But this does prove the rest of the fantastic four were better than him. Does it not?

And If Spinks was a bum champ I believe Haggar would have faced him.
            What do you say?

Comment

But this does prove the rest of the fantastic four were better than him. Does it not?

And If Spinks was a bum champ I believe Haggar would have faced him.
              What do you say?
              Not necessarily. Many including myself agree that Leonard got a gift versus Hagler.

Both Duran and Hearns fought Hagler with a broken hand, which may have influenced the outcome, particularly the Duran fight where he broke his right hand in the 5th round and still went 15 rounds.

Broken hand or not, I still think Hagler beats Hearns on any night. But what a fight, and this is where Hagler really showed grit and determination. He gave us one of the all-time greatest fights in boxing history, that alone should warrant some respect. Not really sure where your hate for Hagler stems from.

Comment

Jake Lalamonta was tough as nails but I'd expect him to get
                starched too..

Your pitiful argumnt is like sayin:
                "Wesm Mcculloch had a great atg chin so there is no way Trinidad KOs him..."

So in your opinion Michael fcuking Spinks lacks one punch power at light heavy??

Do you and Hawk have any facts??
                Or is it just wishful thinking??

Mikhail Spinx is the reason Hagglar stayed away from light heavy.

Great minds think alike.

Haggar spent his career beating up old men, small guys and
                club fighters.
                He knew all to well the advantages a big guy has.

That's why he ducked the light heavy division.
                If it was a bum champ at the time you know hagglar would have moved up and took the risk.

What is your reaoning doe?
                Nothing In haggars career suggest what you are saying.

Took the words right outta my mouth!!!

After that they'll tell us Marciano would have to settle for boring
                close UD against Hagglar! LOL

These idiots fell right into my trap!!!

I've been saying all along Hagglar was overrated!!
                They proved my point for me! lol
                you're kind of a mouthy prick aren't you. Here's some facts for you, in 60+ fights, Hagler was never wobbled let alone knocked down, his chin is LEGENDARY!

The reason he didn't go to light heavyweight was Spinks? Silly us, we thought the reason was because he could make 4X as much fighting Duran, Hearns and Leonard.
                Last edited by just the facts; 09-13-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Just another baby looking for attention by degrading an ATG Champion! Spelling his name wrong is another give away on how infantile this guy is.

Spinks 6' 2 1/2" 175 (190 fight nite)
                  Hagler 5' 9" 160 ( 165 fight nite)

As someone pointed out it took Hagler years to get his shot because he had no affiliation to the "controlling" federations and their promoters!
                  The money wasn't at 175 for him, the biggest s stars all moved up to challenge him because he was a legit champion and they GREW out of their divisions. Even Duran didn't want to train to make weight in his later years! He also knew where the money was!

Just another hater begging for attention!

Ray

Comment

hagler must have anally defiled someone in the OP's family.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      hagler must have anally defiled someone in the OP's family.
                      Yep and he was cuckolded by Lennox Lewis, which is why the hate for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X