Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Charlo-Lubin be a repeat of Charlo-Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why has 2017 been so damn good?

Comment

I thought that Austin Trout fight was the difference for Jermall. He struggled but learned from that fight. J Rock never had a fight against a tough crafty veteran like Trout.

Lubin is the same way. Would have loved to see him fight someone like Willie Nelson before he took this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I thought that Austin Trout fight was the difference for Jermall. He struggled but learned from that fight. J Rock never had a fight against a tough crafty veteran like Trout.

Lubin is the same way. Would have loved to see him fight someone like Willie Nelson before he took this fight.
        I agree 100% the nelson fight would of told us alot, great post

Comment

Jermall had fought some decent fighters before Williams, it wasn't a step up for him.....Williams has skills and looked the part but he had been getting hit flush by lesser fighters before so there was a question about his chin because there was no doubt Jermall was going to land. It was as simple as that to me - If he could take the power then things might even out but he couldn't

I haven't seen Lubin getting hit flush like that against lesser fighters and Jermell hasn't fought someone as good as Trout like Jermall had so this appears like it might be more complicated

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            Jermall had fought some decent fighters before Williams, it wasn't a step up for him.....Williams has skills and looked the part but he had been getting hit flush by lesser fighters before so there was a question about his chin because there was no doubt Jermall was going to land. It was as simple as that to me - If he could take the power then things might even out but he couldn't

I haven't seen Lubin getting hit flush like that against lesser fighters and Jermell hasn't fought someone as good as Trout like Jermall had so this appears like it might be more complicated
            Jermell has fought Gabe Rasado, Vanes, Alcine and Jackson. And spars with Errol Spence, Lara not to mention his brother.

Lubin has been knocked down before hard and gets hit too much.

Comment

Will Charlo-Lubin be a repeat of Charlo-Williams?

Depends on how big Charlo comes in at fight night.
              Amazing how these Charlo brothers manage to put in more pounds after the weigh-in.
              The Charlo that fought Williams is huge.
              Williams was like fighting a middleweight.
              I checked and the twins are not exactly similar in size.
              The one Lubin is fighting is the smaller one, but still a bit bigger than Lubin.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                Jermell has fought Gabe Rasado, Vanes, Alcine and Jackson. And spars with Errol Spence, Lara not to mention his brother.

Lubin has been knocked down before hard and gets hit too much.
                I had not seen that Lubin knockdown and am looking for it now, what fight was that?

Jermell has fought some cool fighters just none as good as Trout where Jermall really had to figure out how to hang onto the fight/score after being ahead for a while and then Trout finally started finding a home for his punches. Dont get me wrong, it's more than what Lubin as done, but maybe not as much as Jermall

Either way these Charlo bros are solid as a rock at this weight (and now MW for Jermall)- Lubin and Williams both are not as sturdy as these two

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  I had not seen that Lubin knockdown and am looking for it now, what fight was that?

Jermell has fought some cool fighters just none as good as Trout where Jermall really had to figure out how to hang onto the fight/score after being ahead for a while and then Trout finally started finding a home for his punches. Dont get me wrong, it's more than what Lubin as done, but maybe not as much as Jermall

Either way these Charlo bros are solid as a rock at this weight (and now MW for Jermall)- Lubin and Williams both are not as sturdy as these two
                  It was years ago on oneof those Iron Mike cards. To be fair Jermell haa been knocked down too. Tho his was a push they counted as a knockdown.

Comment

I hope lubin is ready for this. Idk why they havsnt been keeping him busier. I dig lubin a lot and will be pulling for the guy

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                      It was years ago on oneof those Iron Mike cards. To be fair Jermell haa been knocked down too. Tho his was a push they counted as a knockdown.
                      Norberto Gonzalez rocked and dropped Lubin.

Comment

Working...
                      X