No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks that Tito would've stopped Prime Hearns at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who thinks that Tito would've stopped Prime Hearns at 147

Tito and Hearns were both dogs. Hearns was clearly the better boxer but Tito was a perfect slugger who would get you out of there if he sensed danger. I have seen this debate posted on numerous sites, and it is pretty clear that Hearns would be the favorite. But after watching a lot of their fights, I have came to the conclusion that Tito is all wrong for Hearns. Tito had great stamina and he hit just as hard if not harder. Hearns had perfect offense but his defense was pretty shaky and I think that would be his downfall against a guy like Tito. This fight would be an all out war( probably a bigger war than Hearns vs Hagler) I just don't think Hearns would be able to handle Tito's constant pressure. Who do you guys think?

hearns hit harder and had better reach, a lot better speed, better jab, more skilled, pretty much better everything

Comment

I don't think either could handle the others power.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        Tito and Hearns were both dogs. Hearns was clearly the better boxer but Tito was a perfect slugger who would get you out of there if he sensed danger. I have seen this debate posted on numerous sites, and it is pretty clear that Hearns would be the favorite. But after watching a lot of their fights, I have came to the conclusion that Tito is all wrong for Hearns. Tito had great stamina and he hit just as hard if not harder. Hearns had perfect offense but his defense was pretty shaky and I think that would be his downfall against a guy like Tito. This fight would be an all out war( probably a bigger war than Hearns vs Hagler) I just don't think Hearns would be able to handle Tito's constant pressure. Who do you guys think?

You mean the same Tito that got rocked by Mamadou Thiem???

That Tito.?

Thiem is slow as a GLACIER

A guy like that couldn't hit Hearns with rice at a wedding.

Trinidad was NOT the "perfect slugger"
        He scored TKO's

Hearns scored KO's

Who is the best fighter Tito stopped?

Now

Compare whoever that is to the best Hearns stopped.

Notice the difference in QUALITY

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          hearns hit harder and had better reach, a lot better speed, better jab, more skilled, pretty much better everything
          History has shown that the more skilled higher doesn't always win. Look Cassamayor vs Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
            I don't think either could handle the others power.
            Hearns is more likely to take what Tito threw.

NO WAY does Tito's wobbling ass take ANYTHING from Hearns.

Anybody that can KO Roberto Duran would kill Tito's frail ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              History has shown that the more skilled higher doesn't always win. Look Cassamayor vs Castillo.
              That means Hearns wins with ease.

Tommy did everything better than Tito...against FAR BETTER fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Hearns is more likely to take what Tito threw.

NO WAY does Tito's wobbling ass take ANYTHING from Hearns.

Anybody that can KO Roberto Duran would kill Tito's frail ass.
                  Duran was a natural lightweight. Tito is a natural Welter who fought all the way up to light-heavyweight.

Comment

Nah, The Hitman would've torched Tito. It would be explosive for however long it lasted tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X