Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistically only welterweights that can beat Floyd are Leonard/Hearns/Robinson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sane boxing fan View Post
    I should add that Margarito and Paul Williams could as well
    They would not have laid a glove on him.

Comment

At this stage Errol Spence Jr. would crush his skull. That has been the case for a few years now.

Comment

Henry Armstrong, Sugar Robinson, and maybe Hearns gives him trouble because of his jab.

No one beats Floyd at 130
        Duran beats him at 135. No one else
        No one beats him at 140
        The 3 above at 147, but none are a definite loss for him.
        Many beat him at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
          Almost stopped at Paul Williams instead of fighting DLH. NOPE kept reading.

Only to be blindsided by a good ole AMIR KHAN mention.

Well you got me to read half of your post. Props to you.
          You clearly are biased and have trouble reading it seems. I see a boxer for their skills, their styles, technique or lack of all of the above. I'm as neutral as they come when it comes to boxing and boxers.

I didn't even insult a single fighter in that post (well a little dig at Khans chin which would not be relevant since his chin stood up to a Maidana onslaught at the time).

I didn't criticise Mayweather for not taking the Paul Williams fight. I actually said "kudos to him" for taking the Oscar fight.

Nor did I criticise him for taking the Maidana fight instead of Khan who beat Maidana, topped Mayweathers poll and was mandatory.

I just mentioned the fact Mayweather clearly got into a position of being able to pick and choose opponents very carefully after the Oscar fight which is true.

Maximum reward with minimal risk since his style countered many apart from the the tall, rangy, speedy pure boxers who are known for winning rounds consistently. Name me one fighter he faced with the combined height, speed, reach and technical ability of a Paul Williams or Amir Khan. You won't be able to. Or how about a fighter who is universally known in the boxing world for consistently winning rounds of boxing??

It's not my fault you're a fanboy who refuses to read facts and chooses to see something derogatory where there is nothing of the sort. Quite the opposite in fact.

Anyway I'm sure you'll claim not to have read this post and stopped half way through when we all can see you're a fanboy and fanboys let their own curiousity get the best of them every time.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Duran got hotheaded too easy and got caught while Cuevas' head movement was questionable at best in that fight. Now, let's talk about Hagler/Hearns. THAT is how Floyd would do it - minus the cut.
            Floyd? Fight like Hagler?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              The 3 of them got beat by guys that were lessor than Floyd so he is in the fight with all of them, every single one can KO Floyd, provided they can land cleanly and follow it up, if they cannot land on Floyd they lose so it boils down to can they catch him, don't even think about a fire fight, Floyd will be playing Master Chess right out the gate.

Everybody tries to write Floyd off with these guys, I don't think its as cut and dry as the haters would like it to be and at 140 Floyd beats them all because he is the smaller man.

I personally think the 3 would beat him at 147 because of the quality of skills in the bigger man, but when your a defensive wizard of Floyds level who knows.
              Can't dispute what you said. He finds a way to win so who knows. I'd pick Hearns or Sugar though.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post

gasp!!!...You are using the Hearns/Hagler fight as an example of what Floyd would do to Hearns??? That was at 160 lbs MIDDLE-WGT!
                Mayweather doesn't have any pop in his punches at Welter. Floyd would never be able to "do it" to Hearns like that never in a million years!!!
                You know, I always get surprised when people claim Floyd has no pop in his punches.

Don't you find it kind of odd that with ONE punch in the first round, Floyd turned Manny Pacquiao from his usual buzzsaw, relentless pressure style into a cautious, tentative, almost terrified boxer puncher with a low punch output (for him)? Apparently, his punches sting enough. Lest we not forget, he was able to put Marquez down, something nobody expected him to do.

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
                GASP!!!...This is blasphemy in it's highest order & of epic proportion!!! No difference between Corrales & Hearns??? YOU ARE A SINNER!!!
                Similar body style with Hearns slightly lankier with a longer reach and faster. Taller than Floyd, and Floyd negated Corrales' height advantage flawlessly.

Originally posted by Sane boxing fan View Post
                I should add that Margarito and Paul Williams could as well
                As Reloaded said, not even a punch landed. People keep overrating Paul Williams, the dude was a B level fighter at best and nowhere in Floyd's class of service. The Lara fight alone told us that Williams shouldn't even be mentioned in the running against TBE.

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
                Floyd? Fight like Hagler?
                I didn't say fight like Hagler, I said would beat Hearns the same way Hagler did - allow Hearns to gas and throw himself out of energy, then capitalize and walk him down to a stoppage. That's essentially what he did to Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
                  You clearly are biased and have trouble reading it seems. I see a boxer for their skills, their styles, technique or lack of all of the above. I'm as neutral as they come when it comes to boxing and boxers.

I didn't even insult a single fighter in that post (well a little dig at Khans chin which would not be relevant since his chin stood up to a Maidana onslaught at the time).

I didn't criticise Mayweather for not taking the Paul Williams fight. I actually said "kudos to him" for taking the Oscar fight.

Nor did I criticise him for taking the Maidana fight instead of Khan who beat Maidana, topped Mayweathers poll and was mandatory.

I just mentioned the fact Mayweather clearly got into a position of being able to pick and choose opponents very carefully after the Oscar fight which is true.

Maximum reward with minimal risk since his style countered many apart from the the tall, rangy, speedy pure boxers who are known for winning rounds consistently. Name me one fighter he faced with the combined height, speed, reach and technical ability of a Paul Williams or Amir Khan. You won't be able to. Or how about a fighter who is universally known in the boxing world for consistently winning rounds of boxing??

It's not my fault you're a fanboy who refuses to read facts and chooses to see something derogatory where there is nothing of the sort. Quite the opposite in fact.

Anyway I'm sure you'll claim not to have read this post and stopped half way through when we all can see you're a fanboy and fanboys let their own curiousity get the best of them every time.
                  I read it this time. I see where you're coming from. You're entitled to your own opinion. But it's no different than what boxing analyst did his entire career. "He's never faced xyz....Floyd beats xyz....well he hasn't faced zyx...." it's nonsense really.

One thing is for sure : Whatever fantasy match up you create, what you and many others fail to acknowledge is Floyd's greatest attribute - Floyd's ability to ADAPT.

Little mention of his mid fight adjustments vs faster, taller, heavier, stronger, expierinced, southpaw, brawler, counter puncher, younger, headbutting, ped abusing opponents.

Only fighter I known in the last 20 years that has consitently proven to successfully adjust is Floyd.

Comment

realisticly? LOL

you would have some type of argument, lil at that, had people not seen floyd fought jlc (135)and maidana..

go watch more fights kiddo

Comment

I like Duran and Titos chances also Spence and Brook. I think the head lining names would KO him though.

Comment

Working...
                      X