Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Prez Wants 'Proof' of Fraud, Corruption in Pacquiao-Horn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted 1/14/2004 10:23 PM

Arum fires matchmaker Gibbons in the wake of FBI investigation
    By Dan Rafael, USA TODAY
    As the FBI probe into the business activities of promoter Bob Arum's Top Rank continues, Arum has fired matchmaker Sean Gibbons.
    Gibbons, who did not return messages, was fired Monday.

"He is not an employee any longer. I am not going to comment on any reason," Arum attorney Richard Wright said Wednesday.

Gibbons' name was among those on a search warrant under which the FBI raided Arum's Las Vegas offices last week as part of an ongoing 20-month probe in conjunction with the New York City police that is looking into possible fight fixing, medical document fraud, scale tampering and illegal transport of Mexican fighters to the USA.
    Interesting indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
      You might be on to something.
      funny how thomas hauser is no where to be found...

Comment

Valcarcel, another sanctioning body with no stones it sounds like. As for Arum, maybe Valcarcel is singing a different song behind closed doors. He needs to be. Arum has been corrupt for decades. Hopefully, this time, he's tripped on his tiny PP and will get caught dead to rights. If the FBI did an investigation now, and put real pressure on the ref, judges, Arum and his people... they may find one or two who would sing like a bird. Something needs to happen. Arum's b.s. needs to end.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
          Interesting indeed!
          it seems 99% of boxing fans seem to have no clue that this even happened! I wonder what stephen a smith would say about this if he would out! us boxing fans need to start tweeting that guy the link for this article!

Comment

is it really a surprise? i thought everyone knows arum is a crook. he purposely matches his fighters to other fighters in his stable. its a joke. look at what he did to mikey garcia, who didnt fight for almost 2 years. arum should retire, hes almost 90 years old. i just dont get it, its clear he is senile.

Comment

I like the 5 judges system they are using. 3 or more judges agreeing awards the round to a fighter. That would work in live fights.

Comment

You want proof? I want answers? You can't handle the proof!

It's call a mirror WBO & all your ABC buds...

Comment

This is Spoony's dream job. Get ready for an in depth 4k resolution video in black and white with no audio except Spanish commentary...

Comment

Originally posted by p4ptbe View Post
                    In that picture right behind jeff horn is a guy named sean gibbons in the filipino colored poncho! Many years ago he was fired by top rank after they were investigated for fixing fights (allegedly) by the fbi..... What is he doing in the ring???? WBO????
                    PROOF IN THE LINK BELOW
                    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...-gibbons_x.htm
                    Couple things:

It's good to see someone with a recent join date contribute positively to the forum. usually we get ass clowns like apples that are alts of someone recently banned.

Great and interesting post. I wonder why this guy is back involved with things.

"looking into possible fight fixing, medical document fraud, scale tampering and illegal transport of Mexican fighters to the USA"-hmm very interesting.

Comment

WBO is the dirtiest sanctioning organization in the universe... dont get me wrong all organizations are after the money and will do anything to get it... but the WBO is flat out organized crime AKA mafia!!!!! this pigs will force judges to change their scorecards during live telecasts...

Comment

Working...
                      X