No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Kov w/o doubt the 2nd time will you consider him #1 p4p and FOTY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
    Wait what? You must have missed the fight, man. Go watch it.

That was a robbery. Sosa won only like 1 round. I'm 100% serious.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arum played a hand in that, just to get him to fight Lomachenko.
    I am a Walters fan so I tend to agree with-just pointing out that the official record might play a factor. maybe the layoff too.

And then there is Chilebma who I think a lot of people would say is above mediocre..he might even hover in the 'good' category for some people given his difficult style.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      I am a Walters fan so I tend to agree with-just pointing out that the official record might play a factor. maybe the layoff too.

And then there is Chilebma who I think a lot of people would say is above mediocre..he might even hover in the 'good' category for some people given his difficult style.
      Chilemba isn't bad, but he comes up short every-time.

He's like the Martin Murray of the light heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
        There's perception and then there's reality. Hypothetically speaking I would still give Andre Ward p4p No1 if Pacquiao isn't mixing it with the likes of Thurman, Brook etc. because I respect the outcome of an event. Reality is that Ward won so he gets top slot. Kovalev gets his chance at redemption it's not like Ward retired.
        That makes no sense to me. If you feel the judges got it wrong then in my world you're perfectly justified to modify your P4P list accordingly. Would it be controversial to claim that Campillo was a better P4P fighter than Cloud or Chudinov than Sturm? Well then. It's not like P4P is actually anything other than a load of subjective donkey droppings anyway so there's absolutely no point in making a list based on results you don't agree with. Nobodies gonna hang for it. But it's up to you of course - I don't give a fuck - you make your list anyway you like, but you just make yourself look silly when you try to tell others how they should make theirs.

Comment

can't rank him #1 P4P when he's not even #1 in his division. until ward unifies with stevenson, i won't rank him #1.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
            There's perception and then there's reality. Hypothetically speaking I would still give Andre Ward p4p No1 if Pacquiao isn't mixing it with the likes of Thurman, Brook etc. because I respect the outcome of an event. Reality is that Ward won so he gets top slot. Kovalev gets his chance at redemption it's not like Ward retired.

P4P also includes resume as well no?. I respect his Walters win 100% but Ward unified a division. Let him take care of his first division without another loss before we compare him to Andre Ward. I do love Lomachenko as a whole but we need to slow our roles.
            Beating Mikey would be on par with a Froch/Kovalev win.

As for me knowing Loma would whoop Ward? Tough one I can't lie. Some of the stuff I seen him pull off vs Sosa is the best Boxing I've ever witnessed on film. The irony of his Matrix theme tune & attire.
            However, Andre also has am pedigree. Lomas one kryptonite seems to be inside fighting & I can only base that on the Salido loss. The way Ward rag dolled Froch around the ring whilst also having Kovalev SCARED to fight on the inside makes me lean to one way.

Froch & Kovalev wins trumps anything Loma has achieved in the pros or faced as of yet. Can he at least right his wrong vs Salido or give us a Mikey win before we adorn him as numero uno?.
            Meritocracy.

a resume is a means to an end in a p4p list. all you're trying to do is figure out who is the best fighter on the planet. it's not always relevant to go through the whole thing. what guys did 5 years ago may or may not matter. in ward's case he had significant layoffs, including an entire calendar year without boxing. and he lost his last fight according to most, though it was close. lomachenko himself has a loss in his second fight several years ago, but we all know he's not the same fighter and that he's evolved in every single fight and that he's still improving.

without a doubt ward has a better resume, but that's not what you're asking when you rank guys p4p. you want to know who the best fighter in the world is currently based on his ability, IE; if these guys were the same size and fought, who would win? the same way you can't say that lomachenko should be docked a ton for a performance against sailido in his second fight you can also say that what ward did 5 years ago against froch and kessler shouldn't factor in hugely. what ward has done recently, other than the controversial kovalev fight which many thought he lost and where he was on the deck hard from a clean punch, is tune up and sit on the shelf.

Comment

Working...
            X