Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Wilder's Win Over Ortiz Impress you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh definitely impressed, how can you not be? I wasn't really that impress with his style of fighting on that night. But after the 7th round where he nearly got stopped i was massively impress. Going into the fight i thought he would play with Ortiz then stop him, but he fought like an idiot for the first 6 rounds, got himself in trouble in the 7th round then regrouped and took out Ortiz with style.

Comment

I was impressed that he had to show grit and heart and come through it to win from the brink of losing. He'd never had to do it before, so that was impressive.

As for actually beating Ortiz, i don't know. He had one good win over Jennings years ago and not looked impressive or beaten anybody of note since. It's really hard to gauge how good Ortiz is/was in terms of levels but he was an unbeaten dangerous fighter.

Comment

I was thoroughly impressed. First, like everyone said because he was resilient. However, he came in the fight already compromised. He was getting over a bout of the flu and was lighter than he wanted to be... Against a guy who obviously did his homework. That was a recipe for disaster. When he got rocked he kept calm and weathered the storm. You could see him adjusting before got caught but Ortiz adjusted himself. Wlider's power is undeniable. If he didn't have that power it would've been an ugly night.

Comment

I was.

Ortiz is the "boogie man" of the division for a reason. Vlad, Joshua, or nobody else wanted it with him or still want it with him.

He's the most skilled guy in the division, who's a southpaw, and has crazy power, and is roided to the gills.

So yeah, anybody saying Wilder never beat anybody need to be asked why their guy avoided Ortiz when he was at his best 2 or 3 years ago when he was the best fighter in the division.

Comment

Nope, I expect Bombsquad to KO every opponent that steps in the ring with him and that's exactly what he did. Bring on the next victim.

Comment

Very impressive win, anyone saying otherwise is just hating.

Comment

It was a good win but I wouldn't say I was impressed. Wilder looked lost out there against a fighter who had no stamina and high blood pressure until he landed a big right hand later in the fight. Had Ortiz not had the worst stamina in history, we wouldn't be looking at Wilder as the WBC champ because he would have had it ripped from his grasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  he was losing rounds to gerald washington too...and getting outworked by him too...till washington got knocked out just like ortiz did

also i think some of the AJ fanboys have a hard time understanding what "out on his feet" means...wilder wasnt "out on his feet" like others here have mentioned...if he were he would have lost and been knocked out...guys that are "out on their feet" go down or get stopped...wilder finished the round on his feet and never left them....LOL
                  But Ortiz couldn't knock Wilder out when he was out on his feet could he? He gassed out for the remainder of the fight. Had Ortiz not gassed out, he would have ripped Wilder apart. So Wilder was lucky his opponent wasn't in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Oh definitely impressed, how can you not be? I wasn't really that impress with his style of fighting on that night. But after the 7th round where he nearly got stopped i was massively impress. Going into the fight i thought he would play with Ortiz then stop him, but he fought like an idiot for the first 6 rounds, got himself in trouble in the 7th round then regrouped and took out Ortiz with style.
                    Huh? Wilder fought like an idiot for the first 6 rounds? But he and Ortiz did nothing but stare at each other while the crowd booed.

I think you're getting your fights mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                      I was.

Ortiz is the "boogie man" of the division for a reason. Vlad, Joshua, or nobody else wanted it with him or still want it with him.

He's the most skilled guy in the division, who's a southpaw, and has crazy power, and is roided to the gills.

So yeah, anybody saying Wilder never beat anybody need to be asked why their guy avoided Ortiz when he was at his best 2 or 3 years ago when he was the best fighter in the division.
                      Haha, When was Wlad supposed to fight Ortiz?

When was Joshua supposed to fight Ortiz as well?

And Ortiz wasn't roided at this point either. He'd been caught.

Ortiz was so close to failing the medical so he was in bad shape. But you need to make Wilder look better so will hype this up to the max. No matter how many times you don't like hearing it you're going to have to face up to the fact that Ortiz was an old man who had high blood pressure and horrible stamina. He'd also proven nothing in his career. So he's a hype-job, not the "Boogie man".

Comment

Working...
                      X