Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: Talks For Bellew-Usyk Fight to Start This Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
    Hearn is so quick to negotiate and to make fights happen as long as his protected coward joshua is not involved (well except when he cherry picks fat Russian bums)
    Look at there comparative resumes and you tell me who’s been the one taking risks.

And BTW, how can you cherry pick a mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
      Watch how easy this fight gets made, then you’ll know who’s been jerking who around. Which is why Wilder continues to fight can after can.
      it’s already pretty clear. The guys who said pay me 50 million and I will sign tomorrow then came up with the excuses of

It’s pr stunt
      Show proof of money
      Pay me upfront
      What channel will the fight be on

Then those demands were met only for team AJ to say , well we want the fight in the UK. Why didn’t they just say that in the beginning instead of asking for all those demands?? They mislead you , me and the boxing world to think they wanted wilder this year when it is clear they didn’t.

Imagine how much this board would be lit up if wilder said pay me 50 million and didn’t sign.
      Last edited by Patsfan bri; 07-22-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

We already know that Bellew wants the kerching heavyweight fights more than Usyk so I'd be surprised if the talks satisfy Usyk's side. Hope Eddie and Tony are reasonable about this but I doubt it.

Comment

*Everybody* just rolled their eyes when the words "Hearn" and "negotiations" were used in the same paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
            Iftv quoted Hearn

"Usyk needs to understand he's the B-side here.

He may have 4 belts at cruiser but Bellew won a belt too.

Usyk is unproven at heavyweight but Tony is proven & could fight for the world title the year.

He sells out stadiums.

We want the fight but we won't let Usyk take momentum from Tony's career with delays.

The offers there. We want the fight. Its a flat fee offer for £50.

We've done all we can do & shown we're serious"
            lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
              it’s already pretty clear. The guys who said pay me 50 million and I will sign tomorrow then came up with the excuses of

It’s pr stunt
              Show proof of money
              Pay me upfront
              What channel will the fight be on

Then those demands were met only for team AJ to say , well we want the fight in the UK. Why didn’t they just say that in the beginning instead of asking for all those demands?? They mislead you , me and the boxing world to think they wanted wilder this year when it is clear they didn’t.

Imagine how much this board would be lit up if wilder said pay me 50 million and didn’t sign.
              I give very little credence to the $50 million offer, because;

-It came with a 24 hour deadline
              - No details were included
              -Finkel and Wilder refused to meet with Hearn to offer any information on it.
              -They refused to answer any questions, ‘Take-it-or-leave-it’ was the deal.
              -Initially they had no proof of funds.
              -Would have paid Wilder waaay less than $15 million.

Y’all getting salty about Hearn not putting details in his contract, yet you expect them to sign on this?

The $50 million is a smokescreen and I really don’t know why anyone still talks about it given it was countered by a realistic proposal from Hearn which Wilder and his team then agreed to.

Comment

Bellew is human excrement. Can't wait to see Usyk put that loud mouth **** on a stretcher!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
                  *Everybody* just rolled their eyes when the words "Hearn" and "negotiations" were used in the same paragraph.
                  Again, Hearn has always delivered big fights.

If we’re looking at *just* the Wilder fight not happening, maybe the issue is Wilder and his team? Given Wilder hasn’t had a big fight in 40 contests and has never fought a premium name.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                    So Eddie Hearn completely switches to DAZN from September instead of Sky ???

Honestly have no idea I live in America, but if they are trying to convince people to subscribe to that app this fight should help. I think they might still be with Sky and anyone over here would have to pay for that same content.

It would be the only fight he would have scheduled that I would even care about aside from Parker vs Whyte. Anyone know if they will still be doing PPV over there?

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                      I give very little credence to the $50 million offer, because;

-It came with a 24 hour deadline
                      - No details were included
                      -Finkel and Wilder refused to meet with Hearn to offer any information on it.
                      -They refused to answer any questions, ‘Take-it-or-leave-it’ was the deal.
                      -Initially they had no proof of funds.
                      -Would have paid Wilder waaay less than $15 million.

Y’all getting salty about Hearn not putting details in his contract, yet you expect them to sign on this?

The $50 million is a smokescreen and I really don’t know why anyone still talks about it given it was countered by a realistic proposal from Hearn which Wilder and his team then agreed to.
                      the 50 million deal went back and forth for over a week so the 24 hr deadline was not a hard timetable. I think they called AJ bluff then when all wa met they shiiit their pants.

It didn’t have any details cause all they were doing was meeting AJ requests. In his video he say where the fight had to take place . All he had to do was accept the offer then a contract with details could have been provided. Hearn did the same thing to wilder with the 15 million, no date, no venue, not even a rematch clause which was verbally agreed to.

A reasonable offer ? 15 million? You know this fight will make over a 100 million.

Tell me another Hw in the history of prizefighting and a fight of this magnitude where one fighter took a flat fee ?

I know 50/50 won’t happen but I think 60-40 is fair since Parker got 65-35.

In reality I do think both sides should cut shiiit and make it happen no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                      X