No announcement yet.

Will Ricky Burns duck Broner again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Ricky Burns duck Broner again?

Looks like Broner is set to be Burns' mandatory. . . AGAIN.

Will Burns find a way to swerve Broner again? Or will he find his nuts, and take the fight?

I think Broner wins, but Burns has a the best chance along with Miguel TITERE Vazquez to beat Broner (as far as lightweights go). I think Vazquez has a SLIGHTLY better chance because he's a bit more tricky, slick, and possessed fleeter hands, and feet.

I hope Burns does not duck him again. Coming from a HUGE Burns fan.

NOTE: I'm sure Frank Warren played a role in Burns not wanting to go to USA and fight Broner. I also understand Burns is the champion, and is not necessarily required to travel to Broner's hometown.

I'm also not the type who believes you have to fight in USA to prove your mettle.

But I think the chance to get exposure on HBO, and the payday comes about, you have to have some damn good reasons to not take the fight.

Comment

Burns isn't a big enough name to be ducking anyone. Whats he supposed to come to the US and lose to Broner for 5K? Broner sure as hell ain't gonna roll the dice that he's gonna get a fair shake in England for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
        Burns isn't a big enough name to be ducking anyone. Whats he supposed to come to the US and lose to Broner for 5K? Broner sure as hell ain't gonna roll the dice that he's gonna get a fair shake in England for peanuts.
        They had strong talks for that fight to happen last November in the US, and Warren killed the fight and stopped negotiations, Burns vacated his title and jumped to 135. Burns would fight anyone, Warren didn't want him to come to the US and get his ass beat by Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          They had strong talks for that fight to happen last November in the US, and Warren killed the fight and stopped negotiations, Burns vacated his title and jumped to 135. Burns would fight anyone, Warren didn't want him to come to the US and get his ass beat by Broner.
          Warren has always been like that he just wants the most money. Would you think Broner would go to scotland for the fight? They could probs stage it at a football stadium.

Comment

will broner fight in the UK? Burns is the Champ and the one who has Fans that flock to see him fight....

Comment

This fights not happening, Broner wont go to the UK

Comment

Warren needs to get his head out his arse and make it happen.

Comment

Commode, Burns may indeed be the "Champ", but its Broner who has the earning power and the bright future. Why would he roll the dice going to the UK when a victory over Burns brings no prestige and little money?

Comment

This fight only happens in America. No way in hell is it happening in Scotland. I dunno if Burns is ready to be imported as Cliff suggested. But if he wants to make it big on the world stage the Broner fight at 135 on HBO is the best way to do it

Comment

Working...
                    X