• Show
Clear All

• Who Wins, Eubank JR or Degale?

As the title says.
    Chris Eubank JR
    38.24%
    James Degale
    61.76%

I've been saying this for over a year, Jr beats him comfortably.

DeGale is over-rated and Jr is a stylistic nightmare for him. Jr swamps him with activity, especially in the 2nd half.

Comment

Jr mops the floor with him but it's degale the judges Jesus.

Comment

I'd like to see it

I'm leaning DeGale

Comment

Chunky for me. Eubank's boxing is fairly limited and he's not a heavy puncher. Stamina certainly a factor, but even with that I think DeGale is far too crafty for him.

Comment

degale is levels above him and would win very comfortably, looking at 118-110, that kind of scorecard. WHat are people basing eubank jr winning on? The guy lost to saunders, people say hes improved since then, but based on what? His opposition has been god damn horrific. From what ive seen he still has zero defence and looks sloppy, sorry but im not impressed with his training videos of him hitting a bag, i prefer to base my opinion of what he was like against decent opposition in saunders, and he looked sloppy as **** to me. Even against blackwell the first few rounds were close and hes domestic level. His sloppy shots would not land on degale, people go on about work rate but youve got to have the footwork to get into position in the first place, degale not some stationary target for eubank to unload on, hes not a walking punchbag like these other clowns hes been fighting. Maybe people on here have been brainwashed by eubank srs bull**** cause im struggling to see how anyone rates him...

Comment

I think it's competitive, but i'd go with DeGale.
              IMO Eubank is talented and has a lot going for him, but i think things like his balance at times, and putting all his power into every shot, may well count against him when facing top level guys.

I'd see DeGale's experience being a big factor in this one.
              I do rate Eubank though and am eager to see how he looks when he steps up a level.

Comment

Eubank seems to think he did better in sparring. I know it's only sparring but maybe on that basis I go with eubank.
                I do notice eubank Nevers says he beat froch

Comment

I think DeGale outboxes him over 12 the same way BJS was outboxing him over the first 6 before he gassed. Eubank appears to lack fundamentals and his athleticism wouldn't be enough vs DeGale.

Comment

I got Eubank Jr. beating Degale after 2 more fights at 168. Junior definitely had ring rust with that 8 month layoff. If he's comfortable now at 168, I think the next time he will come in the ring 3 pounds heavier. He should fight Tyron Zeuge. They gotta make that fight! Good opportunity for Junior to snatch the WBA. Zeuge likes to fight on the inside. Would be a great matchup.

Comment

Working...
                    X