Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the word(s)"Bum/Tomato Can" thrown aroudn too much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot stand the term for anyone who's even the slightest bit talented, even some at domestic British level should never be labelled as such unless deserving. Deserving being a journeyman with a 14-150 record who isn't there to win, instead just covers up and allows himself to get hit with never the thought of winning.

Ray Corso got a bollockin' off me the other day for calling some fighter a bum, of all the people to use a term like that, it's a man who's worked in the business. It's like people who call fighters cowards, that really grinds my gears. No man who enters the ring is a coward, even those 'bums' who don't ever plan on winning aren't cowards.

It doesn't bother me if it's a flippant remark though.

Comment

After trout beat Cotto people was saying he was gonna beat Canelo too. After Canelo beat him, people started saying trout was a bum trying to discredit the win when the heat for Floyd-Canelo started boiling up.

Comment

I used to hate the terms.

Now I realise it's just all relative.

Comment

I don't like the sayings and never use them; except for maybe Tyson Fury, the guys just rediculous.

If somebody stated those words in a boxing gym/fighter enviornment to another they could find themselves exchanging blows before their next breathe was drawn in.

I don't generally rip on fighters, I understand the gruelling battle that it is to wage war every day, day after day and bell after bell.

If any of these fighters are tomatoe cans or bums than what would that make you to them in the real world. You'd be their beatchs.

Little respect from these forums............. Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 05-29-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

The use of the words "bum" and "tomato can" is ancient news. We as boxing fans have come up with much wittier terms in this day in age. For instance we have Walmart greeter, Siberian snow plower, Goat herder, part time Honda engineer etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              I don't like the sayings and never use them; except for maybe Tyson Fury, the guys just rediculous.

If somebody stated those words in a boxing gym/fighter enviornment to another they could find themselves exchanging blows before their next breathe was drawn in.

I don't generally rip on fighters, I understand the gruelling battle that it is to wage war every day, day after day and bell after bell.

If any of these fighters are tomatoe cans or bums than what would that make you to them in the real world. You'd be their beatchs.

Little respect from these forums............. Rockin'

Comment

Working...
              X