Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011: What a terrible year for boxing, can it get any worse? Let's sum it up..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    If it means Cotto gets to have his vengeance (i'm not sure he will actually win though), and all those fans with tickets don't get screwed over....then yes I really would not care. C'mon...this is boxing lol.
    I care for the people that already made travel/hotel arrangements and that's why it'd be good to keep it MSG. However, if it gets made there, I would hope that it's because Margarito passes the eye exam, not because Arum bribed the commission. We don't need further corruption in an already unforgivable sport.

And boxing is definitely the most exciting sport, I would agree with you but that's exactly it...boxing. At its core, it's primitive, savage, and dangerous if it's not handled properly under a commission willing to accept money for the sake of our entertainment and Margarito's permanent health.

Comment

I just saw on Dan Rafael's twitter that a teleconference is gonna take place now with Cotto and Bob Arum, lets hope for some good news.

Comment

It's been a great year, and we still have: S6 final, Margo - Cotoo, Robert Helenius fight, Povetkin fight, Amir Khan - Lamont Peterson and so on :-)

Comment

Next year could be even worse than 2011, but boxing will still be around.

The biggest hit was the Marquez Pacquiao fight, which completely killed any hype for Pacquiao Mayweather for some, especially when you consider that the fight could've happened 2 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            It was a disappointing year for big fights but there were a lot of exciting fights that went under the radar. This was probably the best Friday Night Fights season ever.
            this...wolak-rodriguez 1 is still my leading candidate for fight of the year unless they both outdo themselves in a couple weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post

- The Super Six is plagued with fake (yes screw u Dirrell)
              That was in March 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                It was a bad year for 'big' fights, but we've had some damn good boxing this year.

Berto-Ortiz
                Wolak-Rodriguez
                Angulo-Kirkland
                Arce-Vasquez
                Khan-Maidana
                Morales-Maidana
                Acosta-Rios
                Rios-Antillion
                Salido-Lopez
                Concepcio-Marquez
                I'd like to add Demarco-Linares to that list. I really enjoyed that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Khan-Maidana
                  That was 2010 too. :P

Comment

Working...
                  X