Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Hopkins has ONLY beat small fighters"--DO YOU AGREE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
    Natas Knows his stuff man
    Cheerleaders aren't fancied round' these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      I think they are pretty close actually and both can make the case as to who's is better.

Roy jones won titles in multiple weight classes and won a belt at heavyweight.

Hopkins has the record for most title defenses at 160, was the first man to unify the MW division since hagler, and won titles at 175 post 40 years old.

both have had great careers. They are close as to where you rank them and their resumes are close as well.

I don't think anyone can honestly say that one is FOR SURE better than the other.
      Who would you class as Hopkins best wins?
      Who would you class as Roys best wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post
        Roy does have a point
        nothing different than what I or any of hopkins detractors haven't said already...., but jones saying it does give it legitimacy...

Comment

I think they are pretty close actually and both can make the case as to who's is better.

Roy jones won titles in multiple weight classes and won a belt at heavyweight.

Hopkins has the record for most title defenses at 160, was the first man to unify the MW division since hagler, and won titles at 175 post 40 years old.

both have had great careers. They are close as to where you rank them and their resumes are close as well.

I don't think anyone can honestly say that one is FOR SURE better than the other.

lol...no comparison imo cause hopkins is garbage man...beat up on smaller fighters his whole career and gets majorly overrated props

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            why would you pick on a fighter in a lower class as a tune up fight?
            im suprised he didn't just pick a bum in the light heavy division, he must be afraid of being overpowered

i'm surprised nobody totally s**t on hopkins, a lightheavy, fighting a c-level middleweight..., but even if they did, nasa300, street bully and secondsout will make up a good enough excuse i'm sure...

Comment

What would Roy say if they said he beat Hopkins before he was anything?

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                lol...no comparison imo cause hopkins is garbage man...beat up on smaller fighters his whole career and gets majorly overrated props
                Hopkins took massive risks back in the day he wanted to fight Mosley, Vargas and Reid just for your information

Comment

oh yeah, hopkins planned that PERFECTLY! Everyone knows rocky is friends with bhop. Bhop paid Rocky money to have tarver in rocky 6 so he would gain wieght, then fight bhop. Bhop is an evil genius!

How come everyone has an excuse after they fight bhop? Tarver said he was "poisoned" people on this site say he was weight drained. Pavlik gained 4 pounds and it was too much for him, he wasn't the same. Tito wasn't the same guy. Calzaghe had an off night. Is it just some coincidence that everyone who fights hopkins looks like pure ****?
                  lol...you call what hopkins does fighting or boxing? all he does is mug, maul, lowblow, etc. smaller fighters...jermaine taylor had a big gash on the top of his head, and excuse makers like you swear it was from a punch...

since when were wrestling tactics allowed in a boxing match?...

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                    What would Roy say if they said he beat Hopkins before he was anything?
                    Hopkins wasnt a legend when he fought Roy, he became a legend when he went life and death with the great Segundo Mercado

EDIT: I loved Hopkins headbutts in the fight, great stuff

Comment

yeah but hopkins didn't get KO'd by Tarver or Glen Johnson

hopkins would have ko'd all those taxi drivers too, don't forget
                      ^ this here. And I'm a Jones fan but to say Hopkins only beat smaller fighters is ridiculous. People act like Trinidad was still a welterweight when he fought Hopkins. That's ridiculous as well. He was not only middleweight but a he had a title after he destroyed William Joppy who was a legitimate belt holder. The Pavlik fight was fought at 170 and Pavlik is not small at that weight by any standards.

Comment

Working...
                      X