Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto should not accept roach's proposal for a fight @ 142

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight should not be happening. This matchup is a result of Arum's greed. Floyd/Pac is the fight that needs to happen. Let Cotto get past Clottey, and if he wins, rematch Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by koboy View Post
      Manny already fought at 147, why shouldn't he fight Cotto at 147? It doesn't make sense and it's a big cop-out.

I don't think Manny will be happy with this because I don't think he cares what weight it is, but Roach and Arum will probably push for 142-144.
      Pac is going to beat him anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
        143 is only 4 lbs.

all he needs to do is take it off correctly and properly.

weight drain excuse is so overrated ever since the pac-delahoya fight.

when miguel had problems making 140 he wasn't taking care of himself in between fights. he does now.

he'll be in tip top shape after the clottey fight. all he has to do is not put on so much weight in between that fight and the possible pac fight.
        oasis _ lad..

i respect you. .but you know thats just bull****.... miguel problems @ 140 were so evident.. and it didnt have to do nothng with him taking care of him between fights... he walsk around like 165 maybe more...

im sorry but if miguel fights below 144 is gonna be a disadvange for him. and you this.

at the end its up to him.. and theres no excuses.. cos if he sign the contract... its on fair & square!!

but it will be a stupid move by him....

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
          Gotta agree with that, if the fight goes off as planned.

My girlfriend will cry, but it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
            It would be a great fight at 147. And Manny has a chance to become Top 3 at least ATG, if he beat Cotto and gets an unprecedented 7th title. This will be a war at 147. Manny already showed speed at 147 agains DLH and that's a handful even for a fullfledged WW like Cotto.

But I think it's a pick 'em fight.

Comment

Manny already fought at 147, why shouldn't he fight Cotto at 147? It doesn't make sense and it's a big cop-out.

I don't think Manny will be happy with this because I don't think he cares what weight it is, but Roach and Arum will probably push for 142-144.
              because manny fought at 147 and weighed almost the same in the ring.

cotto weighs in at 147 but he's about 155-160 in the ring.

fighting a few pounds less will give manny a better chance. the point of a fight is to make it as competitive as possible.

people are funny. i remember when oscar-pac got made it was a huge mismatch and circus show. now it's he did it before he should do it again.

when cotto can get manny paid $15 mil. , manny will fight him at 160 if he wants.

Comment

It would be a great fight at 147. And Manny has a chance to become Top 3 at least ATG, if he beat Cotto and gets an unprecedented 7th title. This will be a war at 147. Manny already showed speed at 147 agains DLH and that's a handful even for a fullfledged WW like Cotto.

But I think it's a pick 'em fight.
                a catchweight can still be for a title.

141-147 is WELTERWEIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  I don't even see why Cotto is entertaining the thought of fighting Manny, other than for the money, obviously.

Does he forget how he was killing himself to make 140, and how it effected his chin, stamina, and power?

If he shed the extra weight down to 142, it wouldn't be illogical to expect similar results.
                  It affected his balance and it created knock downs. I seriously doubt Pac
                  will knock down Cotto because his the bigger man. I don't see all those problems that all the other negative peeps on here do. Cotto will beat Pac at 140/142/144, whatever they want. Cotto got what it takes to win that fight against a much smaller man. Pac isn't a natural 140 and Cotto is. I have no problems going down and whopping that ass and most of all getting paid
                  well and recognition!

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
                    oasis _ lad..

i respect you. .but you know thats just bull****.... miguel problems @ 140 were so evident.. and it didnt have to do nothng with him taking care of him between fights... he walsk around like 165 maybe more...

im sorry but if miguel fights below 144 is gonna be a disadvange for him. and you this.

at the end its up to him.. and theres no excuses.. cos if he sign the contract... its on fair & square!!

but it will be a stupid move by him....
                    miguel wasn't taking care of himself at 140. you know that.

he takes care of himself better now.

all cotto needs to do is not blow himself up to 165 in between fights. sacrifice some cerveza and lechon for a few months and he can be in good shape.

it's normal for guys to lose about 10% of their bodyweight for the weigh in.

143 + 14 is 157. cotto can't get himself to 157?

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                      He won't because he knows he'd put himself at a massive disadvantage. What's the point of fighting if you're so weight-drained you can't fight?
                      lol That's how Roach likes Manny's opponents though..

If Cotto was smart, he wouldn't get set up like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X