Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward's Perspective on Role Race Plays in How He is Covered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    This is very true. I recall the lead up to the Ward Froch fight where Carl was doing all the trash talking and Ward was just ignoring it and acting above it and there were people on here calling Ward the arrogant one as opposed to Froch.

When they were questioned about why they thought Ward was arrogant and not Froch they would respond with answers like "I don't know why, there's just something about Ward I don't like" These guys couldn't even admit it to themselves. Most of us know why Kovalev is given a pass to trash talk and not Ward but few will admit it.
    you sound paranoid dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
      you sound paranoid dude.
      He gave a real example and the best you're got is to just be dismissive. That's parallel to what he's talking about. People picking and choosing, ignoring reality when it serves them to do so. Considering your sig, I'd think you'd be wiser than to act like that.

I'm fine with people liking or hating either, but let's be honest about the passes Kovalev gets vs Ward being under a microscope. Mayweather got a lot of passes from his fans too, if we're honest.
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-14-2017, 02:30 AM.

Comment

oh right, is that the line we are going down, people dont like me cause im black. how pathetic they dont like you cause you are boring, smug and they didnt think you won the fight cause offensively you offered pretty much nothing. stop playing the race card.
        Last edited by Prince Madison; 04-14-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

This guy lives in his own, little delusional world. What else is new?
          Last edited by Szef; 04-14-2017, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            This is very true. I recall the lead up to the Ward Froch fight where Carl was doing all the trash talking and Ward was just ignoring it and acting above it and there were people on here calling Ward the arrogant one as opposed to Froch.

When they were questioned about why they thought Ward was arrogant and not Froch they would respond with answers like "I don't know why, there's just something about Ward I don't like" These guys couldn't even admit it to themselves. Most of us know why Kovalev is given a pass to trash talk and not Ward but few will admit it.
            It's because Ward is ugly not necessarily because he is black.

An ugly face always makes people have a negative pre conception of you. But it's not Ward's fault though.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 04-14-2017, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
              It's because Ward is ugly not necessarily because he is black.

An ugly face always makes people have a negative pre conception of you. But it's not Ward's fault though.
              hahahhahahaha this made me laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                "I feel like certain fighters would’ve got the, ‘Oh, my God! It was the greatest comeback in boxing history!’ But because I don’t always get that kind of response, it keeps me grounded."

...mmmkay

I feel like the major reason people don't commend ward on his getting up off the canvas etc is because he never really fought back with the intensity he was losing the fight

He obviously made adjustments, and kovalev did tire. But did he ever take over the fight? No.
                He just made it ugly and made it competitive (well done for doing so) but saying things like oh if it was someone else everyone would rate it as the greatest comeback ever is just wrong

The point I'm getting at is, the real truth to the critique to ward from fans is... That the majority thought he LOST the fight
                Maybe if he lost (officially) the fans might say what toughness he showed. But he was given the fight, and there is obvious backlash (black or white)
                So stick that race **** to the past where it belongs

Ps
                Ward is half white as well ??? Watever
                He has a painful style and a displeasing personality
                But I'm pumped for the rematch!

Comment

The World's most Slickest Cheat, Bravo. Respect Ward Deserves.

Race isn't his problem, ego often is. But his real problem is even his defenders know he cheats. This Cheating ****ing Can't be Serious, Greatest Comeback Ever

Ward isn't treated unfairly, he's afforded the ability to non-stop foul his opponent without ever losing point. Throwing elbows, headbutss, tackles, all while watching his opponent get warning. Once you hit someone with a so called accidental elbow, they are damaged.

This ****er is not foo,I guess most people--although some seem extreme fearful to call a spade a spade.

And then there is this,

"Ward does feel, however, that Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs), for a reason he didn’t identify, has generally been afforded a benefit of the doubt in defeat that he would not have been granted had he lost. The former undisputed super middleweight champion doesn’t think he has been given enough credit, either, for getting off the canvas in the second round against the hard-hitting Kovalev, regaining his composure, taking control of their 12-round fight in its second half and finding a way to win the IBF, WBA and WBO 175-pound championships from Kovalev on November 19 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas."

Poor p4p cheater is a comedian.

You weren't given credit for getting up, what the ****. You win because of it, because you were outboxed most the fight. You wouldn't be afforded the benefit if you lost, mother ****er you did lose and won anyways. You were afforded the ultimate benefit.

Ward isn't popular, and it's not because he's black. Spence is black, dude is blowing up. He keeps winning the way he does, he'll be a superstar. Floyd!

I'll give you respect when you win the way everyone else has to, within the rules. Or when GGG and Kov are allowed to throw elbows and shrug or pretend it didn't happen, I'll see it as a even playground.

Comment

I'd say it has more to do with fighting style and how the fight ended when it comes to the ring. Outside of it, because ward has that "clean cut" appearance and elegant vocabulary combined with a certain percieved smugness around him. I also think that his businessman approach plays into it negatively on the backdrop of the personality that Ward has, that if you're gonna run with that you better be all up in peoples faces and loudmouthed like Mayweather.

Tyson and Ali have actually been given a pass for spouting racism, the former in particular because of people simply taking into consideration not to hold him to higher standards of accountability due to his... excentricities. Ofcourse way back black fighters were genuinely discriminated against, openly, and that i think nobody would argue, but these days i think it's other factors at play.

Comment

Ward is white Irish anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X