Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    you don't watch much boxing do ya?

thats how they sell fights
    Haye got embarassed, he did show some heart though fighting through injury but he talked so much **** it doesnt really matter. Nobody is gonna care that he was injured, he got beat by a former LHW and was supposed to demolish him in 4 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      It seems like some people in this thread are trying their hardest to justify this as a legit win for Bellew.

He beat a cripple, lol. Bellew was losing before the injury.

It's okay though, a win is a win I guess.
      You're missing the point.

Also - Haye was HURT because Bellew landed big shots, and made him do a stanky leg.

Haye always cherry picks the easiest fights until he can s somehow meander his way into a huge money fight.

So he got bit in the ass by karma, and got knocked through the ropes by Tony Bellew.

Let's not forget Haye had a CAREER LHW in front of him for 6 rounds before he got hurt, and couldn't even PHASE Bellew.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        Also, wasn't the injury CAUSED by punches Bellew threw?

He made Haye do a stanky leg, and it twisted his ankle.

I don't think it's as serious as an chiles tear. Probably just a twisted ankle.

An achilles tear you wouldn't be walking without extreme limp
        Hard to say for sure but it's possible that Haye and his team were exaggerating his injury after they realized they were in deep water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Good fight, picked Haye to win easily... what happen with the ankle?
          People are speculating about an injury they have no idea actually happened. Haye seemed to have lost mobility in his feet, could have jusgt been out of shape

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            From my predictive, it's not about Bellew winning. It's about Haye claiming himself a top HW while taking joke fights. Many of us grew tied of it and are amused to see the cherry pick blow up in his face. Had he fought AJ or someone decent, we wouldn't be laughing at it.
            I was cheering when the towel came in, but for the reasons you stated, not because it was a great win for Bellew or even that I am a big Bellew fan because I'm not. Plus I've always extremely disliked Haye from all that **** talking about the Klitschoks "ducking him" then backing out of a couple fights and then bottling it when he finally did fight Wlad. Then backing out of two fights with Fury. But I must say again I am very surprised with his props to Bellew and saying he beat him fair and square. I was expecting to hear about the leg (which is legitimate this time) and a slew of other stuff but he was professional about it.

Comment

• If it was an Achilles he would not have been able to walk, let alone fight.

Bellews slick footwork turned Haye inside out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                People are speculating about an injury they have no idea actually happened. Haye seemed to have lost mobility in his feet, could have jusgt been out of shape
                Vyer possible.

I think what most likely happened is Haye got a minor ankle sprain or twist when Bellew landed those shots in the 6th, and made him do a stanky leg.

I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as a torn achilles. Lol he wouldn't even be walking without huge limps.

Comment

• To me Haye looked bad from the very first round. I was surprised how reckless he was in the first round and how Bellew outboxed him with his accuracy. I thought Bellew's stamina sucked later in the fight, but so did Haye's.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                    I was cheering when the towel came in, but for the reasons you stated, not because it was a great win for Bellew or even that I am a big Bellew fan because I'm not. Plus I've always extremely disliked Haye from all that **** talking about the Klitschoks "ducking him" then backing out of a couple fights and then bottling it when he finally did fight Wlad. Then backing out of two fights with Fury. But I must say again I am very surprised with his props to Bellew and saying he beat him fair and square. I was expecting to hear about the leg (which is legitimate this time) and a slew of other stuff but he was professional about it.
                    I sometimes forget all the reasons there are to dislike Haye but you reminded me of a few more. Early in his HW career, I was real excited to see a guy that could punch AND move. But, from the retirement talk (at 30) onward, it's been one load of BS after another. I don't like fighters that make a fool of me as a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                      You're missing the point.

Also - Haye was HURT because Bellew landed big shots, and made him do a stanky leg.

Haye always cherry picks the easiest fights until he can s somehow meander his way into a huge money fight.

So he got bit in the ass by karma, and got knocked through the ropes by Tony Bellew.

Let's not forget Haye had a CAREER LHW in front of him for 6 rounds before he got hurt, and couldn't even PHASE Bellew.
                      He picked Bellew and not Povetkin or Wilder ,cuse they Knew about injury ,Haye had injurys through his entire careere,imagine Haye running from Povetkin like this ,he would get put to sleep ala Roy jones ,now i know you would love to see it ,but im not into watching ppl getting brain damage ,Haye is lucky it was Bellew tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X