No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. in Talks For May 6 - at 165-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
    This fight may very well generate more than Canelo-GGG, especially with a solid undercard, and I'm willing to bet Chavez wouldn't turn down a guaranteed $10M to get it done.
    I'm willing to bet he'd turn down a flat fee offer. And I bet he gets strong upside here, 40% minimum

Comment

Originally posted by megabandp View Post
      Since Haymon is involved how about Golovkin vs Jacobs on Canelo's undercard? Winners fight each other in Sept.
      Nobody puts 5m fights on the undercard, dummy. 2m is rare

Comment

I'm not ggg fan to start, but thisis so funny. "My body is not ready for mw" 3 month later smw fight in discussion. How scared canelo is?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Canelo moving to a 4th division, still waiting for Golovkin to move 1lb.
          Golovkin didn't start at 160. Why would he move up if he feels like he can still make 160?
          Money & prestige aside, some fighters just stay in a weight class. You don't think Golovkin would go back down if he beats DeGale/Jack or Julio?

Huh, why didn't Jones stay at heavyweight?

See you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
            This fight may very well generate more than Canelo-GGG, especially with a solid undercard, and I'm willing to bet Chavez wouldn't turn down a guaranteed $10M to get it done.
            lol Stoolio is definitely going to get a % in this one and not a flat fee.

Comment

I'm not a MW doe

Comment

Damn he's jumping 11 pounds!!! Now thats a fighter, let's if Golovkin would jump 15 for Ward

Comment

This does not help Canelo's marketability, fact is whether you like it or not Canelo's been fighting undersized opponents with little to no chance for some time and his ppv number have suffered because of it. With JCC Jr he's fighting an oversized opponent with little to no chance.

Don't get me wrong, this will no doubt be an action packed fight and will probably do good ppv numbers but i think even the Mexican fans are getting tired of Canelo not challenging himself.

Comment

Funny he can jump all the way up to 165 for benchwarmer/inctive Chavez Jr. but when it comes to GGG and jumping up to 160,, his body isnt ready and he's a jr. MW

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Superfight? This fight is a joke. Chavez has zero credibility.....

* forgets that Golovkin would fight Chavez in a heartbeat *

..... look at his career since he made up a promoter conflict to duck Ggg.

you are truly ******ed

..... And the chump cant make contract weight safely. Vs another guy with falling credibility whose excuse was body not ready to defend his lineal belt at 160

..... says HeroBando, as he prays that GGG doesn't fight N'Dam after he kills the Jacobs fight

Comment

Working...
                      X