No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto VS James Kirkland Won't Get Good Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
    Did Kirkland get back with Ann Wolfe? It would be an interesting fight if he did.
    Pretty sure he did but who cares. He's already what 32 and has taken a ton of punishment especially when he trained with Ann Wolfe. He's got a shaky chin and has been inactive for over a year. A reunion with her isn't a good thing at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
      It'll do better numbers than most boxing PPV's these days. The May vs Pac wars had people spoiled, + 800k ppv are not the norm here people. I think it'll do 300k, the Ricans will buy it, and eventually other people will warm to it seeing how both these guy always come to entertain.
      300K? I highly doubt it. Cotto-Martinez did about 350k, no way in hell does this do similar numbers.

Comment

I think 200k is respectable for the fight, however, this fight shouldn't bff ppv, it's one off the factors hurting the sport.

Having said all that, I might just see if I can attend the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          300K? I highly doubt it. Cotto-Martinez did about 350k, no way in hell does this do similar numbers.
          The actual number for Cotto-Martinez came in closer to 315K and that was a huge fight for the lineal MW title.

Cotto-Kirkland is a non-title fight at JMW with two guys coming off losses. They will be lucky to break 200K.

Comment

It deserves to bomb, this fight shouldn't be on PPV.

Comment

Probably not. It's sort of a mismatch. Cotto will probably be at least a 6 to 1 betting favorite considering how easily Canelo destroyed Kirkland. Kirkland has done nothing since then. Kirkland does have that big puncher chance of course but he never wins the big fights.

Comment

Who cares about Cotto anymore? And why?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                  Pretty sure he did but who cares. He's already what 32 and has taken a ton of punishment especially when he trained with Ann Wolfe. He's got a shaky chin and has been inactive for over a year. A reunion with her isn't a good thing at his age.
                  I agree. I think Wolfe is overrated as far as Kirkland being so much better when she trains him. Kirkland is her biggest success as a trainer and he isn't that successful. Kirkland is the one doing the fighting. Her training methods are very strange. He choose to leave her before.

Comment

You could buy a fire stick and spend 10 minutes watching a YouTube video on how to program it then watch this garbage for free. Will cost you less and get you way more than just a piece of crap rip off fight.

Comment

Wolfe will train him and it will be his first fight since getting KOed in 3 rounds by Canelo in May 2015. If he beats Cotto then Wolfe must be a hell of a trainer.

Comment

Working...
                      X