Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARD: "Now I've seen the best of Kovalev, the rematch will be a LOT different".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARD: "Now I've seen the best of Kovalev, the rematch will be a LOT different".

In a new interview with TMZ HERE Ward speaks confidently about a potential rematch.

Ward says..
    "I really believe that once I've seen a fighter, and been in the ring with a fighter, I have a tremendous advantage in the rematch. Because I feel like, I can make certain adjustments and do certain things differently and unfortunately, his style is set. He has an Eastern European style, which is a great style, it's hard to deal with which took me a few rounds to get used to. But that's the best that he has. At 33 years old that's the best shape that Kovalev can be in. That's the best fighter that we're gonna see. And I don't believe the fans saw the best Andre Ward. I think they saw a necessary Andre Ward, somebody who can bite down, scratch and claw, and dig out a tough win. But now that I've seen him, the rematch is gonna be a lot different".
    TELL EM DRE!!

And I totally agree. Technical masters like Ward gain knowledge of their opponent with each round that goes by. That's why he got better as the fight wore on. Now he's had another tough twelve rounds to shake off more rust. And has tasted all Kov has to offer, I think the rematch could be bad news for our Russian friend tbh!!..
    Last edited by Silky-Flow; 11-30-2016, 03:33 PM.

I agree...

If Ward can avoid the big shots early and not get caught, he can outbox kovolev to a decision

Comment

If anything, he's going to get beat worse than he already did. Kovalev will be after him like a shark and will definitely be more aggressive the next time. He knows he'll need two KDs at least and really a KO in Oakland. I'm looking forward to what both of them do in the rematch, but I think the Krusher will be on him hard.

Comment

I agree with Ward, Mayweather/Maidana was very close but the rematch was all floyd,

Comment

I think it'll be pretty much what we've already seen from round 3 onwards, with Kov landing even less.

In my opinion Kov made it look closer because his power is real, but Ward was controlling the pace of the fight most of the times.

Even round 1 (a Kov round on all cards) was closer than people think. Aside from that eye catching jab Kov did close to nothing, while Ward was effective with his jab to the body. Kov "stole" the round, didn't dominate it.

If you score full rounds and not only the eye catching moments in each round 7-5 Ward is a fair score.

Comment

Yep I've done said it already. Ward will just continue what he was doing from the fifth round onwards. He'll frustrate Kov, make him waste energy early, get inside to land those body shots and wait for Kov to fade like he always does, then pick him off down the stretch. I think it will be a pretty simple strategy to be honest.

Comment

Stop flapping your gums you arrogant pr!ck. Actions speak louder than words, and I watched your fighting style. Technical, yes. Entertaining, hardly.
              I wonder if i can put money on the second fight being even less entertaining than the first. It's a sure bet.
              Wouldn't put money on Choclotito's rematch being any less entertaining though.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
                In a new interview with TMZ HERE Ward speaks confidently about a potential rematch.

Ward says..

TELL EM DRE!!

And I totally agree. Technical masters like Ward gain knowledge of their opponent with each round that goes by. That's why he got better as the fight wore on. Now he's had another tough twelve rounds to shake off more rust. And has tasted all Kov has to offer, I think the rematch could be bad news for our Russian friend tbh!!..
                I agree to a point and it's possible Dre has the greater ability to adapt, but....

How many rematches has Andre won to test this theory?

In how many rematches has Kovalev shown his ability to adjust and win more convincingly?

I am leaning slightly more toward Dre in a rematch, partly because he'll be under less pressure to force the fight - to 'take' the title - and conversely Kovalev will be under greater pressure to go for the Ko which may open him up more, but Kovalev will have learned from the first outing too. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Comment

That is what him and Mayweather have in common. They both are excellent at making adjustments. In addition, it's very difficult to land the same punch on them more than once.

Therefore, if Kov can't hurt or drop him again in the rematch, then I just don't see anyway he can win the fight, because the general consensus among most spectators is that Andre dominated the second half of their previous fight.

So, if Ward decides that he will start this fight exactly where he left, off by targeting and hurting Kovalev to the body, while circling away from Sergey's right hand, then I can see him winning this fight going away.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    Kovalev will be after him like a shark and will definitely be more aggressive the next time. He knows he'll need two KDs at least and really a KO in Oakland. I'm looking forward to what both of them do in the rematch, but I think the Krusher will be on him hard.
                    I agree. In order for the "Krusher" to win this fight, then he is gong to have to fight at a much faster pace. He can't fight Andre's fight by slowing down the pace while landing only single punches at a time; Mostly jabs. If he wins, it is going to have to come by way of knockout because there is no way he is going to out box Andre Ward to a decision victory.

Comment

Working...
                    X