Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford, Postol Deal in Place For July 23 on HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes, I don't see either of these guys being PPV worthy. They need some pretty damn low purses to have a chance at turning profit.

It's basically their test to see if they can get better PPV reaction by putting an American as a headliner instead of a foreigner.

Comment

Wow!! Great fight. Don't know about PPV though. It must going to be like $24.95.

Comment

PPV???? This fight is barely a Friday Night Fight on ESPN let alone a PPV. This is exactly why the sport is dying.

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          I would imagine as this thing comes together, we'll see movie theater listings coming up. Generally that isn't listed right away. I know I'll do theater but not PPV. Toughest fight yet for both fighters. I'm thinking Crawford eventually wears down Postol for UD or late KO.

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
          Well I've began to notice something in regards to fights and getting shown @ movie theaters
          Mayweather vs JMM/Mosley/Cotto/Maidana/Berto/Guerrero and Canelo were all shown at theaters
          Canelo vs Angulo/Lara/Cotto and now Khan have all been shown @ theaters
          I've yet to see a Pacquiao/Top Rank card being shown @ Movie Theaters, so going off that, unless things change, I doubt Crawford-Postol will be shown @ theaters.
          Interesting... I hadn't noticed that. That seems kinda bogus. Wonder if Top Rank charges for their premium fights off their website?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            I would imagine as this thing comes together, we'll see movie theater listings coming up. Generally that isn't listed right away. I know I'll do theater but not PPV. Toughest fight yet for both fighters. I'm thinking Crawford eventually wears down Postol for UD or late KO.

Interesting... I hadn't noticed that. That seems kinda bogus. Wonder if Top Rank charges for their premium fights off their website?
            He's lying Pacquiao-Bradley 3 was shown in movie theaters. Tickets we're being sold on fandango.
            http://www.fandango.com/pacquiaovsbr.../movieoverview

I don't know what kind of deals will be cut for Crawford Postol PPV, but I guess it is possible to be at theaters

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
              He's lying Pacquiao-Bradley 3 was shown in movie theaters. Tickets we're being sold on fandango.
              http://www.fandango.com/pacquiaovsbr.../movieoverview

I don't know what kind of deals will be cut for Crawford Postol PPV, but I guess it is possible to be at theaters
              dude grow up i'm, I'm not lying, IF Pacquiao-Bradley 3 was in theaters, I was completely unaware, and didn't see a thing for it. I didn't say it never happened, I just said and I quote, "I've never heard of a Top Rank event being done at the movie theaters" not saying as an absolute.

I've read in the Phillipines Pac fights are frequently shown @ theaters.

The fact that it's being brought to my attention now, almost 3 weeks after Pac-Bradley proves my point. Plus the links I clicked nobody reviewed it. So this event allegedly came off in movie theaters and not a single review?

whenever a Mayweather, Cotto or Canelo fight was brought to the theaters, it makes the press, with an article, (usually with quotes by Oscar De La Hoya or Ellerbe) on here and ticket/event info are made available off fathomevents.com

**around the time of Pac-Bradley 3 I didn't see a thing on fathomevents.com

plus stating it after the fact doesn't really help your case.

the night of Bradley-Pacquiao 3, I saw the top rank website had the free untelevised undercard available .. as well as the PPV card for purchase.
              Last edited by MJ406; 04-26-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X