No announcement yet.

Is Greb Greater Than Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Greb Greater Than Duran?

Bert Sugar says yes, Ring Magazine say no. What do YOU think?

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
    Bert Sugar says yes, Ring Magazine say no. What do YOU think?

I say without a doubt Greb is greater. Duran has the single greater win, but Greb has many more great wins on a stacked resume.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I say without a doubt Greb is greater. Duran has the single greater win, but Greb has many more great wins on a stacked resume.
      Would you say Duran dominated a division(135lb) better than Greb?

Comment

Greb.

Definitely Greb.

Comment

Probably yes. I don't like to agree with Sugar. It always comes down largely to preference in the top ten, but Greb is arguably the greatest ever. I tend to have them quite a few spots apart, Duran around 8 or 9 or something and Greb around 2 to 3.
          Last edited by BennyST; 10-03-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Both are top 3 in their weightclass. But greb is easily one of the four best ever to lace em up. Duran is in the top 10, but Greb is a head and shoulders difference.

Comment

Greb takes this by virtue of paper record, legend and legacy.

Whether he was a more effective fighting machine, compared in their respective primes might well be arguable.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
                Would you say Duran dominated a division(135lb) better than Greb?
                Greb arguably dominated two divisions. He beat nearly every significant fighter of his day at 160 and 175 but was frozen out of the title picture for a long time. Much as I like Duran, I give this one to Greb.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
                  Greb arguably dominated two divisions. He beat nearly every significant fighter of his day at 160 and 175 but was frozen out of the title picture for a long time. Much as I like Duran, I give this one to Greb.
                  This hits the nail on the head. I haven't seen you around the history section before, but you seem like a great addition. Welcome to the higher end of the boards my friend.

I wouldn't be surprised if you know more than me, based on your name.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I consider Greb's win over Tunney = Duran's win over Leonard, considering Tunney never ever lost to anotherman.

I think Greb dominated the heavy weight division too , considering he beat most of the heavyweight contenders who challenged Dempsey.

His resume t light heavy is better than most great light heavy champs of all time...All this while the guy was just a middle weight....Effectively its dominance in three divisions .
                    Last edited by Greatest1942; 10-03-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X