Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest MC of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but to answer the question, it's Nas. No doubt it's Nas.

Illmatic was the greatest rap album ever made. Illmatic was SO GOOD that he dropped It Was Written (also a classic) and people didnt like it just because it wasn't AS GOOD as Illmatic.

Then consider the fact that the original I Am... album was supposed to be a double album, and it was a highly touted classic (The Source got their hands on the original copy and gave it a 4.5 mic rating) but it got bootlegged so much that Nas removed 2/3 of the tracks and then rerecorded a bunch of filler tracks.

So with that in mind, if his catalogue was Illmatic, It Was Written, I Am... and Stillmatic, like damn. That doesn't even account for Hip Hop is Dead and Life is Good.

When Nas wants to flex on someone, there isn't a human in the world that could eat him. Proof of that is Jay-Z crying live on Hot 107 the day Ether dropped and he heard it the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Jhonny? Who's Jhonny she said.
      Run DMC King of Rock!
      One of the first times where an electric guitar accompanied a rap. I'm old. I'm old school..

In 83' I loved the message grand master flash and the furious five paved the way so that NWA & other brothers with a message could state they purpose. It was a pivotal point in rap music, when rap was still a street comer type sounding board. Not none of this commercialized bish azz **** young dudes who never busted a cap, got stabbed... Etc.. Think is real..

Comment

Popularity is greater than real og mo ****ers putting it down?

Otay, otay... Macaframalama X r-------

If you don't know figure it out.

If you needs a ****ing link, you a vidjah game playing lil hoe punk mofvever azz clown...

Lemme step away from this circle jerk.

Comment

1 Biggie
          2 Eminem
          3 Jay-z
          4 Nas
          5 2pac

Comment

Originally posted by bak ta ehli View Post
            1 Biggie
            2 Eminem
            3 Jay-z
            4 Nas
            5 2pac
            A list I can agree with 100%.

Comment

Imma flip that there mo****ing script on you young dudes. Rap represents and contextualizes a time and a place, rap represents era. In my era it was Grand master flash & the furious 5, circa 1983...

1983??? I was on a full scholarship ride to, UC Berkeley, national merit scholar, yet addicted to the streets.. The UC Regents chose wrong when they chose my Sephardic Jewish azz.. I am old, stinky and kinda stuuuupid.

I best not list my intellectual accolades. My GOD, who created me outta nit thing hates prideful ness... My real GOD and I have a tacit agreement.. I stay true to the absolute truth and he'll smile..

I live to see me one and only God smile.

I may not reply to silly lil misguided video playing lil boys.

I play for keeps. If you care to seek salvation or death.... I'll hook you up...

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                A list I can agree with 100%.
                I hates to chin check young duds. I grew up old school.
                I disagree with his young punk shopping spree..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Run DMC King of Rock!
                  One of the first times where an electric guitar accompanied a rap. I'm old. I'm old school..

In 83' I loved the message grand master flash and the furious five paved the way so that NWA & other brothers with a message could state they purpose. It was a pivotal point in rap music, when rap was still a street comer type sounding board. Not none of this commercialized bish azz **** young dudes who never busted a cap, got stabbed... Etc.. Think is real..
                  I'm old school as hell too, but for some reason I thought that it was Public Enemy and Anthax that started that trend, then Run DMC got the big hit with Aerosmith.

Could be wrong though, I've taken a few blows to the head in my life lmao

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I'm old school as hell too, but for some reason I thought that it was Public Enemy and Anthax that started that trend, then Run DMC got the big hit with Aerosmith.

Could be wrong though, I've taken a few blows to the head in my life lmao
                    1983 .., public enemy wasn't even in da house.. Grand master flash preceded all that early's public enemy stuff.. I'm fixing to write a book ..,

Comment

How old are you guys?

Comment

Working...
                      X