Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa Gets Off The Floor, Wins Decision Over Sosa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    most cuban fighters get knocked down i noticed
    Seems like most are balance related.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Gamboa was done as a Thanksgiving Turkey at the Castellanos fight. I’m amazed he managed to make this competitive versus Sosa, whether he deserved to win or not. Sadly, this will only encourage Yuri to press on. He needs to leave well enough alone and sail off into the sunset.
      I disagree completely. He won the first 6 clearly, landed more, landed better, better defense and ring generalship. The 7th round knockdown was BS as the punch didn't even land, he just fell like he usually does. He won the 8th clearly as well. He lost the 9th and he did better than Sosa in the 10th but got a point deduction.

All of this after only 3 weeks to prepare against a guy who came in overweight and Gamboa made weight. I'd say that's quite an improvement from his last fight, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        I disagree completely. He won the first 6 clearly, landed more, landed better, better defense and ring generalship. The 7th round knockdown was BS as the punch didn't even land, he just fell like he usually does. He won the 8th clearly as well. He lost the 9th and he did better than Sosa in the 10th but got a point deduction.

All of this after only 3 weeks to prepare against a guy who came in overweight and Gamboa made weight. I'd say that's quite an improvement from his last fight, wouldn't you say?
        I was talking about his last fight. Lol I’m saying I’m amazed he managed to do this well versus Sosa.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          yeah but the official judges are garbage. isnt that the point? not sure how pointing out their terrible scorecards means anything. canelo did not win the last 3 rounds. hes lucky if he won any. that was comparitive scoring at its best. yes he threw and landed more in those rounds than the previous 9....but so did ggg. instead of scoring the round canelo vs ggg what each guy did. they scored it by what canelo did to the previous round. bad judging. 11th round in particular made no sense. ggg outlanded him 2 to 1, landed the best punch of the round that slightly hurt canelo yet all 3 judges.....look canelo is doing better than before i'll give it to him!
          Man you are worse than a dog's asshole

Comment

It's good that Gamboa has been active lately, been used to him being quite inactive and only fighting every now and then but now he actually has fought 4 times this year. He is getting old too - I hope he will have few good fights left in him and hopefully he will retire with a win. I always hate to see boxers retire with last fight being a loss

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              You must be a new crossover MMA fans.

Horn was very much in the fight with Manny and, depending on what you like, could've got the nod.

Canelo was very much in the fight with Golovkin and won ALL the championship rounds on ALL judges scorecards as well as 7 of 9 scorecards from first 3 rounds...and a token round in the middle. So both guys were clearly in the fight.

What's weird here is the inconsistency. Horn and GGG were both "brawlers" in their fights. They came forward all night, stalked and outpunched their opponents. Same exact style...yet you say 1 won and the other lost.

HOWEVER, ESPN - and most "fans" - say Pac and GGG won. Hmmmmmm.....

Can we say - BANDWAGON - fan????

Yes. Yes we can. Please go back to watching a simpler game like football
              No, I've been a boxing fan longer than a MMA fan (though I do like MMA more now) and unlike, I'm honest about what I see.

Canelo didn't win all the championship rounds. Don't be delusional. The 12th round was close but the 11th was definitely Golovkin's. They don't win a round simply just by "being in it". They have to actually beat their opponent and that's clearly not what Canelo did. Golovkin not only had Canelo on the backfoot, he was outlanding him and that was clear to everybody with an honest view.
              Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 12-10-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
                Canelo didn't win all the championship rounds. Don't be delusional. The 12th round was close but the 11th was definitely Golovkin's.
                All three judges - even the guy who gave it to Gennady - gave 10, 11, and 12 to Canelo.

So even the guy who scored for your crush got it wrong? ???

You MarGGGarito ball juGGGlers are impossible and probably suffer from mental illness of some kind :/ sorry mate
                Last edited by Bjl12; 12-10-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

All three judges - even the guy who gave it to Gennady - gave 10, 11, and 12 to Canelo.

So even the guy who scored for your crush got it wrong? ???

You MarGGGarito ball juGGGlers are impossible and probably suffer from mental illness of some kind :/ sorry mate
                  You had the nerve to talk to me like I'm a new fan of the sport and yet, any real long time boxing fan knows that scorecards are not always right. Golovkin clearly outlanded Canelo in those rounds but just to let you know, the scorecards aren't going to tell you that. Heck, I think even the commentators gave Golovkin the 11th round.

So stop hiding behind the cards and use your own eyes next time.
                  Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 12-10-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
                    You had the nerve to talk to me like I'm a new fan of the sport and yet, any real long time boxing fan knows that scorecards are not always right. Golovkin clearly outlanded Canelo in those rounds but just to let you know, the scorecards aren't going to tell you that. Heck, I think even the commentators gave Golovkin the 11th round.

So stop hiding behind the cards and use your own eyes next time.
                    You mean Jim Lampley and Harold Lederman? Those commentators?

Are people supposed to side with them? The same guys that had Manny Pacquiao beating JMM in the 3rd and 4th fights? The 4th fight where Pacman got KTFO. And the 3rd fight where JMM absolutely embarrassed PacROID. Yeah, those commentators are H O R R I B L E

Comment

You mean Jim Lampley and Harold Lederman? Those commentators?

Are people supposed to side with them? The same guys that had Manny Pacquiao beating JMM in the 3rd and 4th fights? The 4th fight where Pacman got KTFO. And the 3rd fight where JMM absolutely embarrassed PacROID. Yeah, those commentators are H O R R I B L E
                      Man, talk about a change of heart. You're claiming Marquez won the 3rd fight despite scorecards having Pacquiao winning it? Seems like you're learning already. Boy, that was quick.
                      Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 12-10-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X