No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ohara Davies Decisions Miguel Vazquez in Lackluster Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    That was a slow motion robbery, nobody is going to get too excited about it. The real surprise is how bad Davie is. Vazquez out boxed him, of all things.
    Ohara has always been bang average. He’s very technically flawed.

I’m just p*ssed cause I put money on Vasquez points at 4/1, I knew he’d outbox him. Had a feeling the fix was in though...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      This...

Dunno why MTK didn’t pay for judges.
      I think the problem is they have paid for judges. I thought the Conroy decision was poor last week too. These MTK shows were like a breath of fresh air by having competitive fights but now theyre just cooking decisions

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
        I think the problem is they have paid for judges. I thought the Conroy decision was poor last week too. These MTK shows were like a breath of fresh air by having competitive fights but now theyre just cooking decisions
        Yeah love the competitive matchups, those type of decisions will turn some fans away though.

I just don’t like referee’s scoring contests, it even annoys me at amateur level. I don’t think you have a good enough vantage point being that close to the action whilst having to officiate it at the same time.

I had Conroy 76-75 up but I wasn’t too annoyed with the cards as they only had it 76-75 to Ward which is a round difference. I wish they could have finished the 10 rounds but that cut was horrible. Great fight, hopefully we get a rematch to give us a decisive conclusion.

Comment

I’m just p*ssed cause I put money on Vasquez points at 4/1, I knew he’d outbox him. Had a feeling the fix was in though...
          I had money on Davies PTS at 4.5. Ignored the hometown factor in the last couple fights and had to pay for it, so wont bet on the upset if the other guy cant make rounds crystal clear.

Vazquez fights ugly fights, makes opponents look bad, but still doesnt have the power to make rounds clear enough to get a devision win in a foreign country.

Comment

Vazquez isn't flawed? When he jabs, he sticks out his left hand and jumps in behind it. He swings, misses, and slaps when he lands. That was always a risky bet

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Vazquez isn't flawed? When he jabs, he sticks out his left hand and jumps in behind it. He swings, misses, and slaps when he lands. That was always a risky bet
              He’s far better than Davies though. Vazquez has mixed it at top level, and has a tonne of experience despite being on the slide.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                British home cooking?
                I believe that Vazquez and Paulin was robbed in the co-main event and main event.

Comment

No one mentioned the fact that Davies was injured blatantly

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                    I had money on Davies PTS at 4.5. Ignored the hometown factor in the last couple fights and had to pay for it, so wont bet on the upset if the other guy cant make rounds crystal clear.

Vazquez fights ugly fights, makes opponents look bad, but still doesnt have the power to make rounds clear enough to get a devision win in a foreign country.
                    Fair play, I disagree with the decision but this was always a distance fight. I’m surprised the odds were both so high on either guy by decision.

Vazquez has always had that problem, his style essentially lends itself to close rounds

Comment

I was shocked that the black quitter didn’t quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X