No announcement yet.

Report: No real issue over Las Vegas, Canelo just doesn’t want to fight GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    Name another unified champion who lost a close and disputable decision to lose his championships and was expected to get back in line instead of having a rematch.

Just name one and I’ll agree that GGG needs to get back in line.
    You have a point but Canelo told ggg go get a belt and we'll do it again. Andrade made it clear he was interested but ggg fought Rolls instead. If ggg is looking for someone to blame, give him a mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      You have a point but Canelo told ggg go get a belt and we'll do it again. Andrade made it clear he was interested but ggg fought Rolls instead. If ggg is looking for someone to blame, give him a mirror.
      I wouldn't mind GGG-Andrade next and would probably prefer it over Canelo...probably even GGG vs Smith or someone at 168 would be preferred to Canelo right now..though I would still like to see that one...I would really like to see it as the number 1 option if there was no round limit lol..last man standing wins.

I will say thought that just taking Andrade's word on that whole situation is a little weird...I think Andrade would take that fight but I doubt he was actively pushing for it...he probably wants the Canelo fight and payday like everyone else.

I would like to see Andrade in with Canelo and GGG soon though, especially if he looks good Saturday vs Sulecki...looking forward to that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        Criteria are clean punches landed, damage done, and activity.
        You can't just make up scoring criteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Since he clearly won the first fight and narrowly won the second IMO I don't think he had an off day.
          Yeh dont act all of a sudden like your list of excuses after the fights wasnt longer than the Gettysburg address.

Comment

• Sooo the writer in his opinion thinks canelo “doesnt” want a third fight so wrote an article on what he “thinks” canelo wants and is trying to pass it off as facts.

That writer is a damn clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
              Canleo was off in the first fight. He had unusual stamina issues. I have seen him gassed, but that was a little more than usual. That had nothing to do with his upper body movement.

In round 4 he put himself on the ropes because GGG wasn't connecting. Yeah of course his coach told him to get off the ropes. I would have also. He was just being edgy.

Also you seem to forget what Abel and all GGG fans were saying after the fight. They felt Canelo was just running around evading GGG. Abel challenged Canelo to stand toe to toe and promised GGG would win. They wanted Canelo to come forward and fight Mexican style so they could have a slug fest. Canelo did exactly that. For you all... And fighting Mexican style means coming forward and abandoning a lot of a counter punchers defense(head and upper body movement) for offense. Which is not what canelo usually does. This opened him up to get hit with shot that he would normally easily evade.

In the Jacobs fight he maintained his head and upper body movements through out the fight as he normally would but was just in way better condition. As he also was the second GGG fight.
              I disagree. Canelo defense in the second fight was about as effective as it was in the first. I didn't see a noticible difference. That was without the upper body movement which to me is a waste of energy. There are other ways to avoid being hit that are effective. He didn't give anything or very much in terms of defense in order to keep to the center of the ring which was more important IMO than going to the ropes and getting outpointed there.

Comment

• - -Any close fight with lots of even rds that judges aren't generally allowed to score ends up controversial which is the way boxing makes it's money.

Dump fraudulent 10pt must, score even rds, KDs, fouls, and obvious winning rds as a pt each with a dominant rd as 2 Pts and now you have a picture of what the fighter actually did.

Easy to tally that even the suits might be able to do it and if a scoreboard kept a tally, the fighters and fans know the score.

End of 12 and it's a tie, immediate fight off rd commences for all the marbles, and if that ties, then we have a legit draw that kicks the fighters down the road with records and reputations intact.

Now boxing could become a transparent sport the public could understand.

Gonna have to dump VADA and USADA for more transparent and manageable drug testing though.

There is no reason to ban legal over the counter stuff and stuff found in the food chain.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  I disagree. Canelo defense in the second fight was about as effective as it was in the first. I didn't see a noticible difference. That was without the upper body movement which to me is a waste of energy. There are other ways to avoid being hit that are effective. He didn't give anything or very much in terms of defense in order to keep to the center of the ring which was more important IMO than going to the ropes and getting outpointed there.
                  Canleo clearly stood directly in front of GGG and never stepped back to evaded shots like he usually does. He also took a lot more jabs because of it. If you were unable to see that then you're either blind or a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
                    Canleo clearly stood directly in front of GGG and never stepped back to evaded shots like he usually does. He also took a lot more jabs because of it. If you were unable to see that then you're either blind or a troll.
                    No I'm not blind. He got hit by more jabs and power shots because Golovkin upped his punch output. Both guys did in the second fight. Canelo had better defense than in the first one. That's one reason why he improved his performance. Staying off the ropes and cutting down on useless movement was the best thing he could do to improve his chances of winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      he already had a rematch, he has to wait now. Canelo cant spend his whole career facing 3G just because 3G mysteriously keeps having an off day whenever he fights that one, his only, elite again.
                      But never has an offday when he bum kills, funny that.
                      Yeah what an off day he's had. He only won the first fight in 99% of peoples eyes and probably should have won or got a draw in the second. The guy is a real bum I tell ya....

Comment

Working...
                      X