Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it won't. Wade has GGG in April!

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Are you saying the fight will be announced on the Canelo/Khan card or they'll fight on the Canelo/Khan card? GGG fights ward in late April. He won't come back and fight Hopkins 2 weeks later.
      The reason why i think they might do it on the Canelo vs. Khan card is because it would allow them to promote Canelo vs. GGG even better, however in today's world big stars don't fight as often or so close to their previous fight. I think it could happen on that card (even though it is only a few weeks after the Wade fight) but it will more likely happen in June or early July. Of course this is all speculation but i think something is going on behind the scenes, i don't know why i have a gut feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        No it won't. Wade has GGG in April!
        I think it will after the Wade fight but before the Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
          The reason why i think they might do it on the Canelo vs. Khan card is because it would allow them to promote Canelo vs. GGG even better, however in today's world big stars don't fight as often or so close to their previous fight. I think it could happen on that card (even though it is only a few weeks after the Wade fight) but it will more likely happen in June or early July. Of course this is all speculation but i think something is going on behind the scenes, i don't know why i have a gut feeling.
          I'm not sure if the fight will happen or not but I can guarantee you 100% it won't happen on the Canelo/Khan undercard

Comment

I think it will after the Wade fight but before the Canelo fight.
            Canelo is fighting in May, GGG in April. I can see a Degale/Hopkins fight.

Comment

Canelo is fighting in May, GGG in April. I can see a Degale/Hopkins fight.
              that's actually a good fight... though i wonder how many people on this site will ***** about this fight if it takes place at 168. Golovkin is catching a **** storm (or his team) for suggesting this fight at 168.

unless Degale goes to 175. I still think from a promotional point of view Golovkin vs Hopkins is the more likely fight to happen.

Comment

No reason why it can't happen if both want it made.

Hopkins is always clear on who he is going to fight.

Ward can't even make up his mind, and, meanwhile, he had to blow smoke and project he wants so and so fight, then does nothing to make it happen. He also requires undetermined amounts of tuneups first before he dives in to it. Even then, fans are still not sure whether he'll go for it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  A 51 year old fighting at a weight he hasn't made in over 10 years.

Sad thing is it would still be the best name on Golovkin's resume.
                  Tells you how pathetic his resume is.

Comment

that's actually a good fight... though i wonder how many people on this site will ***** about this fight if it takes place at 168. Golovkin is catching a **** storm (or his team) for suggesting this fight at 168.

unless Degale goes to 175. I still think from a promotional point of view Golovkin vs Hopkins is the more likely fight to happen.
                    I don't see how it is more realistic for a non title fight at a catchweight or a possibly super-middleweight title. Also I doubt GGG moves up, leaving Hopkins to drop all the way down to 160. While 168 is more realistic against an opponent with a title in that Weightclass

Comment

I don't see how it is more realistic for a non title fight at a catchweight or a possibly super-middleweight title. Also I doubt GGG moves up, leaving Hopkins to drop all the way down to 160. While 168 is more realistic against an opponent with a title in that Weightclass
                      I am strictly speaking promotion wise, not competition or excitement to the hardcore fan. Also Tom Loffler did say that it would be an interesting fight at 168 so i wouldn't doubt that they will try and negotiate it for 168 with Hopkins.

ultimately in order to build a star nowadays (or always) you need to put them against a name, not necessarily be the best competition but be the best name. Not taking anything away from Hopkins but Degale would be a much better fight for GGG as far as competition at this point in Hopkins's career, however as far as name recognition Hopkins adds more name recognition than most fighters who GGG can fight. I will say that Hopkins is more recognized than pretty much everyone from JR middleweight to light heavyweight except Canelo and maybe Kovalev at this point. As good as fighters like Degale and Ward are (and i would consider them tougher for GGG than Hopkins) their name doesn't resound as strongly as Hopkins's name.

Comment

Working...
                      X