Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monroe shoots down idea that GGG was getting hit on purpose, says he's not humble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with hitting someone on the hip? It's a ****ing fight. Stop *****ing because you lost.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      What's wrong with hitting someone on the hip? It's a ****ing fight. Stop *****ing because you lost.
      It's a boxing match, not a street fight. There's rules.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Have you been hit in your hip area/hip flexors? As he mentioned, it basically makes you immobile. Like trying to run in deep water. Oh and more importantly, it's against the rules. This is a sport after all.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
          GGG plays humble but he is a douchebag with a goofy face.

"I am predator...Ward is not big money fight you know...Monroe is next..." Fck outta here you journeyman killa.
          100% facts. The truth is, with his broken English and funny smile he was coerced into being the humble foreigner so HBO could market him better. Not hating on that, they did the right thing. But don't fall for him being humble because he has a goofy smile and speaks broken English.

Comment

Willie is so humble he's making excuse after excuse as to why he lost, really humble guy.
            Having said that, I think GGG should stop saying that he was letting Monroe hit him on purpose. That just makes him look bad. I don't understand why you have to let your opponent hit you to make the fight entertaining. It could still be a great fight without taking punishment, if anything that would make the victory more impressive. Destroying an opponent without getting hit flush a lot, would be more impressive than letting your opponent hit you and it would still be a fun fight. He's just opening himself up for more criticism.

Willie is a good dude though, I hope to see him back. Apparently HBO wants him back, so that's great!

Comment

I've rewatched that fight a few times looking for when Golovkin was landing low on the hips, but his shots were legit to the body. Monroe was the one straying low. Monroe would've really hated to fight someone like Hopkins.

Comment

I love the way Golovkin fights. He is there to hurt you. He isn't trying to win a decision.

Hitting the hips has been around forever. Frazier did it to Ali a million times. Its a God Damn ****ing fight. Go do whatever the hell you want.

Comment

Originally posted by [HORUS] REBORN View Post
                  Have you been hit in your hip area/hip flexors? As he mentioned, it basically makes you immobile. Like trying to run in deep water. Oh and more importantly, it's against the rules. This is a sport after all.
                  Oh yeah, and the left that hit him, was in the hips or in his f@cking face?
                  Come on! this is a simply post-talk with a lot of subtle crying all over.

watch the first two rounds of the fight and you'll notice right away the level between the two. that's why GGG needs to step up in competition, and that's why Froch would be this "step up".

As for Monroe Jr, good boxer, I'd like to see him against Murray or for those of you that felt that was "too soon" for him to go for GGG, in a couple of years more a rematch.
                  Last edited by xhiddenx87; 06-01-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Ahhhh, so he's complaining about getting hit behind the head and saying he doesnt' hit you to the body.

Cool

Comment

Vetrin taktiks

Comment

Working...
                      X