Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monroe shoots down idea that GGG was getting hit on purpose, says he's not humble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monroe shoots down idea that GGG was getting hit on purpose, says he's not humble

Couple of interesting segments with Willie Monroe's most recent interview with Fight Hype com.

On the topic of Golovkin's old school "veteran tactics":

Originally posted by WMJ
    I never fully recovered. Gennady Golovkin does a lot of those old school things, like he doesn't hit you to the body. He hits you on the hips and to the butt and your hip flexers. My whole right leg froze up from that. He wouldn't hit me in the ribs or the stomach. He would hit me like straight on the hips and after 2 or 3 rounds of that, you can't use your legs no more.
    On the topic of whether he said "I'm done" or not and when he decided it wasn't worth it to continue:

Originally posted by WMJ
    Yeah, I was just like, "I'm done!" It was little things like hitting behind the head, he's good at that, hitting you right behind the ear and after 6 rounds of dealing with that, I realized it wasn't going to be my night. Sometimes you just gotta bow out and live to fight another day.
    On the topic of GGG getting hit on purpose to create "big drama":

Originally posted by WMJ
    It's not like he's Brandon Adams. Brandon Adams is humble, like me. I can tell where Gennady wasn't very humble when they asked him, "Willie Monroe caught you with some good shots. What about that? You were hit tonight." And he tried to imply that he let me hit him to create "Drama Show," and that's a lie. But people have their priorities and they will say things like that and there is nothing I could do. It was his moment and he did what he wanted to do and there is nothing I can really say or do about that.
    Full interview here: http://www.fight(NO SPACE)hype.com/news/article20656.html
    Last edited by [HORUS] REBORN; 06-01-2015, 02:17 PM.

Monroe is about to get called names

Comment

Just like that other cheating ass crook Matysse who was BLATANTLY knocking Peterson on the back of the head REPEATEDLY and going low too but when you a "fan favourite" they let you get away with that s*it.

Comment

Then tell floyd to stop ducking GGG and let's see how flawed he really is.

Monroe is nothing but a low life piece of **** who got humiliated and is butthurt. That is all. Another slick master boxer who GGG made look like nothing but trash. Same thing would happen with floyd.

Comment

monroe making up excuses as to why he lost

Comment

Monroe: i'm humble...lemme tell you what's wrong with GGG

your 15mins is up....keep on movin, Willie

Comment

Cotto vs Monroe is next...CW 156

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Monroe is about to get called names
                Not his issue though, he spoke his mind from the heart and I felt that it needed to be shared. Interested stuff about those roughhousing and veteran tactics though. Some people just don't see the stuff that others do with the blind eye alone.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  Monroe: i'm humble...lemme tell you what's wrong with GGG

your 15mins is up....keep on movin, Willie
                  Well actually in the article it states that HBO applauded his effort and that they want him back on HBO for his next fight. So no, it's not over. Losing to GGG is nothing to be ashamed of. Especially with all of those extra "little things" that GGG does to ensure a win.

Comment

GGG plays humble but he is a douchebag with a goofy face.

"I am predator...Ward is not big money fight you know...Monroe is next..." Fck outta here you journeyman killa.
                    Last edited by PeasantCrusha; 06-01-2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X