Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Marquez just destroy Mayweather's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMT View Post
    Not really.

If you think about he dominated the guy who KO Manny.
    Triangle theories. smh

Comment

Only on Boxingscene and Internet chat rooms is his legacy ruined

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
        This shouldn't have anything to do with Mayweather. One fighter beating another doesn't affect a third fighters legacy. Fighters legacies are defined by how great his career is, not someone elses. Pac v Floyd can still be a good fighter, I saw Manny as active, fast and accurate as I've seen him since Cotto. Marquez got in a great shot (controversial maybe?).

Mayweather just looks more of a ***** now by avoiding Pac. But I'd still rank Pac and possibly Marquez above Mayweather now.
        This is false one fighter beating another enhances the third fighters legacy if he dominated the winning fighter. I'm not saying triangle theories, I'm just saying in terms of the resume of guys you've beaten. Which is why beating Canelo if Mayweather fights him, I assure you he hopes Canelo goes on to have a storied career because it'll look better for him that way. Ruining Canelo would be a good payday but not a great legacy builder.

Even if you don't go that route there's zero way you can say that it actually hurt Floyds legacy. That's only if you're straight up hating to be honest. They never fought, but that's not fully on Floyd. It's Floyd and Pac both to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Now people will always look at him as the guy who ducked his main rival and went out undefeated.
          if im not mistaking the first duck came from manny scared to take his test nowing something was in his system Floyds legacy will look even better now that he has beat everyone in front of him and out class JMM in one try when pac had to fight him a fourth fight risking his chances and finally got what he "PAC" deserved he couldnt fuc with floyd anyway everyone knew that except delusional pac fans good to see him get KO like hatton did against him much love to manny though he seems to be a good guy but JMM should be up 3 to 1 minus that draw

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
            This is false one fighter beating another enhances the third fighters legacy if he dominated the winning fighter. I'm not saying triangle theories, I'm just saying in terms of the resume of guys you've beaten. Which is why beating Canelo if Mayweather fights him, I assure you he hopes Canelo goes on to have a storied career because it'll look better for him that way. Ruining Canelo would be a good payday but not a great legacy builder.

Even if you don't go that route there's zero way you can say that it actually hurt Floyds legacy. That's only if you're straight up hating to be honest. They never fought, but that's not fully on Floyd. It's Floyd and Pac both to blame.
            They know this. But now they have to pretend it doesn't matter because the truth hurts.

Comment

A bout with Sergio Maravilla Martinez would more than make up for the missed Pac opportunity. Cant see it happen, though.

Comment

If anything this helps the Mayweather legacy as it proves Marquez is a very legit fighter at the higher weight. Putting on a boxing clinic and 12-0 domination in that fight was always a great win, it's now a little better.

Comment

Last night actually enhanced Mayweather's legacy.

Comment

No Pacfans, why don't we work on something that actually helps Pacquiao.

Stop with the PED talk, stop blaming Floyd Gayweather, stop blaming cramps.

Comment

Did Mayweather fight last night ? I must have missed it.

If we gonna play triangles then what does Trout shutting out a guy Mayweather barely beat do for his legacy ?

This must make Chris John a top 10 ATG as well yeh?
                      Last edited by Eubankjr; 12-09-2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X