Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRs and JuanMa Fans: Are you happy that he was TKO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRs and JuanMa Fans: Are you happy that he was TKO'd?

If any of you have followed my post history on JuanMa, as a PR, I am not a fan of his. Seeing him get TKO'd was a bit liberating as a fan, in hopes that he can eventually garner a fan in me. His head unquestionably gotten much to large for his 126 lb frame.

I like my boxers to be humble and win and lose with grace. I don't like them parading around like the GOAT before winning a defining fight. I don't like them saying that they are the most popular PR boxer on the island and that he's Tito's heir apparent. Just let the fists do the talking, let the fans and media appoint you the rest of the way.

Most importantly, his FMJjr antics have rubbed me the wrong way. Gamboa tells him to his face that TR is keeping him away, and all he can do is talk about numbers. Caballero talked so much crap and deserved an ass-whupping. Being called a maricon is grounds for an immediate match. Running away from the fight, demanding 1 millie paydays and saying that he's not a draw, despite not being a draw outside of PR really rubbed me the wrong way.

Nevermind his lack of boxing fundamentals and technique that foreshadowed a looming KO. I think this was great for the sport of boxing that a self-centered and self-appointed boxing icon was taken off his perch. Perhaps he'll gain a bit of perspective and a sense of humility that true PR modern greats like Calderon and Cotto have.

Perhaps now, he'll turn a new leaf and win me and some others as a fan

Does anyone else feel similar, thoughts?
    Yes, that head of his needed to be popped
    66.67%
    No, I like my fighters brash and arrogant
    0.00%
    I don't care, as long as Julio Cesear Chavez is barred from TV announcing
    33.33%

His arrogance was a bit annoying but it was offset by his style and his consistantcy to produce exciting ass fights

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      His arrogance was a bit annoying but it was offset by his style and his consistantcy to produce exciting ass fights
      Fair enough

Although his style needs to be refined so that he's not getting pounded by fighters who theoretically shouldn't share the same ring with him.

Comment

im a juanma fan ... he was a tko waiting to happen. hope this will straighten him out with weight and his partying issues

Comment

im not happy at all

Comment

Would have rather he won although, I am not a big JuanMa fan. My boy was Tito Trinidad and current favorite fighter is Miguel Cotto. But yeah, JuanMa was tough to get behind because of his amateur moments in the ring on too many occasions. I also prefer Miguel Cotto's brand of humility and articulate nature when addressing the press. JuanMa came off as a part time reggaeton MC. Add a beat to his interviews and you have a hit record.

Comment

Working...
            X