Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Serious: I'd Go To 154 For Miguel Cotto in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    Dude, that was Prime Pacquiao who was literally chasing guys 10-15 lbs bigger than him across the ring. Mikey isn't even near the level that Pacquiao was when he fought Cotto.
    pac was also juiced to the ****in gills

Comment

Originally posted by olivetree66 View Post
      pac was also juiced to the ****in gills
      Where's your proof? Pacquiao never had any signs, no back acne, constant injury, constant injury at the time, nothing.

Comment

This are the sort of fights that i expect to see Cotto in December. Not jacobs, GGG, Charlo or Canelo like someone try to suggest yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
          Where's your proof? Pacquiao never had any signs, no back acne, constant injury, constant injury at the time, nothing.
          lol you read too much into forum gossip.

Very suspicious to walk away from the biggest fight because of a blood test, but along with pimples I guess you believe cramps and finding God is where the power went, I actually think the power was there only because the opponents were drained, when the drainings stopped the power did also.

All speculation and we will never know.

Comment

Big fight to end 2017....
            Cotto vs Garcia in December!!!!
            Let's do it Golden Boy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Huge Mikey fan but I don't like this fight for him at all. Way too small for cotto or 154. Cotto is skilled and big. Mikey stay at 135 and dominate or wait till Crawford moves to 147 and rule at 140 taking all those belts. And if you really need a big money fight move to 147 and fight one of haymon's guys at 147 other then Spence (stay away from him).
              Fully agree, I'm a big Mikey fan too and feel this is a step too far, he still needs to prove he can mix it at 140 regardless of how impressive he was against broner.

Like you mentioned either Crawford at 140/147, or potentially the Lima/Rigo winner at 135. (Although tbf I wouldn't expect Rigo to make up a further weight after already moving up 2 for this fight)

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                lol you read too much into forum gossip.

Very suspicious to walk away from the biggest fight because of a blood test, but along with pimples I guess you believe cramps and finding God is where the power went, I actually think the power was there only because the opponents were drained, when the drainings stopped the power did also.

All speculation and we will never know.
                The dudes that weren't been stopped by Pacquiao was Margarito (Whom he broke his orbital bone) Shane Mosely, considered to have a granite chin, same with Clottey, and Bradley, and in the 4th fight Pac was on his way to stop Marquez.

And Pacquiao was on the decline post Miguel Cotto.

Comment

Dude, that was Prime Pacquiao who was literally chasing guys 10-15 lbs bigger than him across the ring. Mikey isn't even near the level that Pacquiao was when he fought Cotto.
                  Thats your opinion.
                  Your basically proving my point. Pacquiao was better than those guys, which is why the size didnt mean ****.
                  Literally the only thing Pacquiao ever had over Garcia was speed.
                  And smart, sharp, technical boxers have had a way of making fundamentally terrible fighters like Cotto and Pacquiao look bad. Making this seem like an even worse match up for Cotto.
                  Chinny? Barely an issue if your not getting hit.
                  No power? More embarrasing a non-puncher did whatever he wanted with you with no consequences.
                  Cotto makes way too many errors and is literally slow as dial-up. Its Garcia's fight to lose, he has the edge in every category. Cotto could barely land on Trout, and Garcia is much harder to land on than Trout with much better countering skills.

Comment

The dudes that weren't been stopped by Pacquiao was Margarito (Whom he broke his orbital bone) Shane Mosely, considered to have a granite chin, same with Clottey, and Bradley, and in the 4th fight Pac was on his way to stop Marquez.

And Pacquiao was on the decline post Miguel Cotto.
                    CWs that lowered the opponents weight were stoppages, without a lowering CW they weren't .

What always got me with with Manny was why he flat refused to fight Cotto without a CW, even after he beat him the first time he would not get in the ring with him without a lowering CW, did he really beat Cotto the man or Cotto the drained man, it appears that weight played a very big part in being able to beat Cotto at least in Mannys mind it did.

Comment

I like the fight, but not @ 154! 150 was good for Marquez, so it should be fine for Mikey too! Much rather see Mikey fight Linares or Easter @ 135, than to fight @ 154!

Comment

Working...
                      X