No announcement yet.

Porter and Berto going back and forth on Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter and Berto going back and forth on Twitter

This would be a great undercard for Thurman vs Danny, EAZEEE work for Shawn!!

I'd love to see this fight and how Berto deals with Shawn's pressure. Berto would have to land a Lopez type KO shot to dishearten Shawn or else he'll fold under that awkward swarming style.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      ^Yes. Great card to put Shawn on, to keep his name out there and build him back up.
      Berto would at least get a decent payday and, if he's confident in himself, a really high profile win on a major show.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
        I'd love to see this fight and how Berto deals with Shawn's pressure. Berto would have to land a Lopez type KO shot to dishearten Shawn or else he'll fold under that awkward swarming style.
        Yea, from what we've seen of Berto, he should avoid swarmers at all cost. But, he's a reasonably intelligent guy it seems and I have to think he has a chance to adapt.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thinking 80/20, or 90/10 in favor of Shawn but I'm still not against this fight. Berto has been in some entertaining fights, even if he was on the losing end of most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
          Porter took sickening shots from Thurman and Brook, Berto can't do any damage.

This fight is a walk in the part for Shawn, only reason I wanna see it is because it's a good name and Shawn deserves an easy fight before mixing it up with the top dogs again. I don't even think Berto is a top 25 welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            ^Yes. Great card to put Shawn on, to keep his name out there and build him back up.
            Berto would at least get a decent payday and, if he's confident in himself, a really high profile win on a major show.
            I just remembered, Shawn is supposed to be commentating that Thurman vs Garcia fight, but I'm sure he would be willing to pull out of that for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Yea, from what we've seen of Berto, he should avoid swarmers at all cost. But, he's a reasonably intelligent guy it seems and I have to think he has a chance to adapt.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thinking 80/20, or 90/10 in favor of Shawn but I'm still not against this fight. Berto has been in some entertaining fights, even if he was on the losing end of most of them.
              He's almost always in an entertaining fight and I think Porters style would make for an exciting fight. In reality it SHOULD be a walk in the park for Porter but the last time he's looked really good was against Paulie??. Cracking fight with Thurman but it goes down as a loss.

Porter took sickening shots from Thurman and Brook, Berto can't do any damage.

This fight is a walk in the part for Shawn, only reason I wanna see it is because it's a good name and Shawn deserves an easy fight before mixing it up with the top dogs again. I don't even think Berto is a top 25 welterweight.
              All I'm saying is if Berto lands his straight right on anybody in the welterweight division it'd be enough to stop them in their tracks and make them think.
              It's not going to be as easy as Floyd made it look FYI but he'll get the job done the way Shawn gets the job done.

Comment

I definitely agree. Porter would break him down in six or less.

Comment

Porter seems to really want the fight for some reason.

My call: it goes like Broner/Porter, except with Berto getting dropped frequently.

Comment

Garcia vs Thurman, Porter vs Berto on undercard.

Winner faces off.

That way, we can see Thurman vs Porter II, which DEFINITELY deserves a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X