Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Victor Ortiz possibly be another option for Floyd in May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evol View Post
    no way, i think floyd would fight khan first before a rematch with ortiz again. ortiz didnt show anything in that fight, and the way he went on to quit again in the fight after that i dont think gbp would risk putting him with floyd again, phucking ortiz is fighting today, on a thursday! LOL!! he's at the bottom right now. feel bad for him tho and have nothing bad to say about him except for what i just said lol.
    I know you said he quit, but he did have a broken jaw and was spitting blood out long after the fight ended, and he also has not been in the ring in 18 months since the injury, soaying he quit, is honestly saying alot since the injury was very significant.

Comment

Perhaps...when does Expendables 3 come out?

Comment

I would love to see it, there is still unfinished business there. Ortiz did more in those 4 rounds than Canelo and Guerrero did the entire fight. He was tagging Mayweather more with each round.

Comment

I doubt it very much. They have more selling points for Ortiz than Khan just based off the controversy of the fight he had with Floyd, but it's a stretch to say the least at this point. Maybe if Ortiz has a great year this year and Floyd needs an opponent at some point then who knows but I doubt it.
          But definitely not an opponent for him in May.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
            I know you said he quit, but he did have a broken jaw and was spitting blood out long after the fight ended, and he also has not been in the ring in 18 months since the injury, soaying he quit, is honestly saying alot since the injury was very significant.
            ok i take what i said back but he left that fight on a sour notice. gbp will not risk making a huge fight involving floyd knowing the possibilities of what could happen with ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              I would love to see it, there is still unfinished business there. Ortiz did more in those 4 rounds than Canelo and Guerrero did the entire fight. He was tagging Mayweather more with each round.
              Ortiz lost every minute of every round and Floyd even started landing his patented lead right earlier than he usually does.

But it was certainly more fun to watch than recent fights.

Comment

I really hope not. I always wanted to see Ortiz fight Khan. I thought it would make for a dramatic fight since they both have great offense and holes in their defense. It is too bad they are both in the Mayweather running.

Comment

I doubt it. But it'd be a better fight then Khan. Just goes to show how bad the Khan fight is at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    he's fighting on thursday because it's super bowl weekend.
                    Weak excuse. If Showtime had any confidence in Ortiz showing up they would move the fight out a few weeks or had him fight in December.
                    Face it he is at the bottom and has to work his way up. No risk if he goes bonkers on FoxSports1.
                    I like Ortiz, he has overcome a lot in his life and a guy you can root for if things are going well. I would love to see him in with Broner at some point.
                    But let's not confuse where this guy is in his career. He is one more loss away from Golden Boy dropping him.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      Weak excuse. If Showtime had any confidence in Ortiz showing up they would move the fight out a few weeks or had him fight in December.
                      Face it he is at the bottom and has to work his way up. No risk if he goes bonkers on FoxSports1.
                      I like Ortiz, he has overcome a lot in his life and a guy you can root for if things are going well. I would love to see him in with Broner at some point.
                      But let's not confuse where this guy is in his career. He is one more loss away from Golden Boy dropping him.
                      There is also a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert on Saturday. Showtime couldn't have just made the fight last decemeber as its budget was already set. There are a lot of factors that determine where and when and what day a fight takes place.

Comment

Working...
                      X